SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-10-09, 01:01 PM   #511
speedplay

Default Re: The MTB thread

Sounds like youve blown something.
If you have to take the forks back, tell them its been used for cross country as shops can be funny about replacing things from downhilling unless its DH specific.
Old 03-10-09, 01:06 PM   #512
speedplay

Ive just dug out one of my hardtails for a bit of turbo training through the winter.

Ive got an empty spare room, mp3 player and the trainer set up.
I havnt ridden this bike for a few years now and it does seem a real shame to have it sitting about doing nothing.

I may even keep the slicks on it, drop some shorter travel forks in it (got some pace and some old judy sl about in boxes) and use it for a road bike.
Old 03-10-09, 01:18 PM   #513
northwind
Mega Poster

Oh, that's lovely... If you're not using it, might be worth having a look on retrobike, people go all silly over these things, maybe some restorer/fanatic would want it...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:11 PM   #514
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Oh, that's lovely... If you're not using it, might be worth having a look on retrobike, people go all silly over these things, maybe some restorer/fanatic would want it...

I'm on retrobike
Old 03-10-09, 03:40 PM   #515
northwind
Mega Poster

Oh, you're one of THEM eh

I got this rideable the other night, though unfortunately my spare mech's incompatible with the frame Need to get another one, ah well. Manual shift for now.

Slightly odd cockpit view

But we're oh so easily swayed"

Last edited by northwind; 03-10-09 at 04:07 PM.
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 03:50 PM   #516
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Oh, you're one of THEM eh
Afraid so.

Ive got loads of kit kicking about from when I was racing.
Each year I kept my bike as it was part of the sponsorship deal.
Thing is, now the attic is rammed!
Old 03-10-09, 11:29 PM   #517
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Sounds like youve blown something.
If you have to take the forks back, tell them its been used for cross country as shops can be funny about replacing things from downhilling unless its DH specific.

Will do... Still though its shocking (not intentional pun).

Might have to use my Brothers 02 Marzocchi Z4's for a while (these have been going for well, 7 years on harder rides than mine and work brilliantly still, though they are well out of date tbh.

Guess if not then ill have to get my money back on the told 318's and get some fat **** Marzocchi 66's. Dont want to spend £350 though on those tbh
Old 24-10-09, 01:03 AM   #518
malks

just to ressurect the thread again, seeing we're heading into winter time to go splashing about muddy forest tracks again and get some fitness back!

had the best day out biking in a long time on Thursday. met up with some friends in Stirling and then rode up through the uni and into the woods up there. and had. blast tearing round there and down to the Allan gorge and back into bridge of Allan. was very slippy as all the leave were on the ground and was a bit damp, but the sun was splitting the sky.

fav bit was finding loads of jumps in a place called 'mine woods' (I think!) locals have been out doing some good work and it was a great laugh, I crapped out anything big tho. plus there was an awesome bombhole drop that peeps had built a northshore still ramp/jump to get air whilst dropping in. big respect!!!!

just a shame I'm so damn unfit and puffing and panting up any sort of incline. me thinks more miles are needed under those tyres!
Old 24-10-09, 07:41 AM   #519
Ian P

I find that this is the best time of the year to be out on the mountain bike. Spent yesterday in the Brecon Beacons on my Orange 5, buy the time i had finished the route was covered in mud ,soaking wet and lost some skin. fantastic ride. Then had to spend time cleaning bike.
Ian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-09, 10:23 AM   #520
rob13

I agree, struggling for riding mates at the moment though