SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-12-08, 10:24 AM   #511
Foxy

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
wooooo, been for a run. only a little one (my lungs weren't too impressed by the end, i wish this stupid chesty cough would go away).

and i love my new running kit
Yayyy Sarah, a little run is most definitely better than a longer run especially when one is wearing new running kit . Hope that cough clears soon.
Old 28-12-08, 10:26 AM   #512
Foxy

I went for a run this morning cross country through fields and woods for an hour, it was great. I felt like I could have run for a lot longer
Old 28-12-08, 07:00 PM   #513
Foxy

Felt sooo good after my run this morning that I went for another earlier this afternoon for 45 mins. Little tired now but enjoyed both runs
Old 28-12-08, 07:10 PM   #514
krhall

Good effort all, I've been slack and haven't run since Christmas Eve until this morning when I ran fixture 5 of the Kent Fitness League (cross country). Really boring course though and I had a rough night with my bad back and was thinking of pulling out right up until the start.

Hated the race, but managed a 38:02.....not unhappy with that! Back hurts like fook now though.

Foxy - You run doubles? I was thinking of starting that in the new year but can't work out the best way to do it without over doing it.
Old 28-12-08, 07:22 PM   #515
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
Felt sooo good after my run this morning that I went for another earlier this afternoon for 45 mins. Little tired now but enjoyed both runs
Nice one Foxy. What you doing? Getting rid of some of that Christmas flab?
Old 28-12-08, 07:23 PM   #516
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Good effort all, I've been slack and haven't run since Christmas Eve until this morning when I ran fixture 5 of the Kent Fitness League (cross country). Really boring course though and I had a rough night with my bad back and was thinking of pulling out right up until the start.

Hated the race, but managed a 38:02.....not unhappy with that! Back hurts like fook now though.

Foxy - You run doubles? I was thinking of starting that in the new year but can't work out the best way to do it without over doing it.
Not so good that you did it after a rough night with your bad back esp as it is hurting, however yes a good time considering how you felt .

Yes my first double in a while today *. When I do them, I run first thing in a morning between 5 and 7 miles. The next one, usually in the evening when working, about the same really but no less than 5 miles. A longer run, 12 miles or more on a Saturday morning.

You could do a longer one in the mornings and a shorter one in the evenings or vice versa and build up the distance. However, when you do start you could start stretching after your runs until you feel comfortable, unless you already do.

*I have been slacking lately though so this is my first day of proper training and I stretched off after my second run
Old 28-12-08, 07:23 PM   #517
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post

How far was that?
Old 28-12-08, 07:25 PM   #518
Stig

Just got back in from my 6 miler. A bit gutted. I thought my time was going to be better but only managed a minute better than yesterday.
Old 28-12-08, 07:26 PM   #519
krhall

Bad back is the reason I started running and probably the only thing that keeps me cracking out the miles.

It is probably the worst today that it has been since I started running and I have found I have lost some power in my leg.....f*cking NHS are no help on this one though and I have nowhere to turn.
Old 28-12-08, 07:26 PM   #520
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Just got back in from my 6 miler. A bit gutted. I thought my time was going to be better but only managed a minute better than yesterday.
A minute is better than nothing Si, you should be happy with that. Are you trying to shift some of that Christmas Spirit?