SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-05-08, 08:07 AM   #51
Tara

Default Re: outraged! *rant*

No excuse for being rude or bad service IMO you are a customer - make a complaint they will prob ignore it then take it higher
Old 21-05-08, 11:33 AM   #52
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou M View Post
Lets clear this up! These are parking spaces, not car parking spaces.

Now if I go to the supermarket on my bike, I'll park in one of these, just because I haven't gone in the car makes no difference.

What am I? I second class citizen because I'm on a bike?
Oh sorry, of course I am.

rant over.
Lou

Its still rude/inconsiderate!!
Old 21-05-08, 11:36 AM   #53
missyburd

Supermarket parking spots are intended for customers, no specification on which mode of transport, you are entitled to park in them regardless of what you arrive on. What I find rude is when people think tis helpful to park across two spots, at least on a bike theres ample room for others if need be
Old 21-05-08, 11:38 AM   #54
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
Supermarket parking spots are intended for customers, no specification on which mode of transport, you are entitled to park in them regardless of what you arrive on. What I find rude is when people think tis helpful to park across two spots, at least on a bike theres ample room for others if need be
Unless, of course, you wanted to be a real supermarket terrorist and take up two spaces on a bike!

Alex
Old 21-05-08, 11:40 AM   #55
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiwbina_Squirrel View Post
Unless, of course, you wanted to be a real supermarket terrorist and take up two spaces on a bike!

Alex
maybe if you're on a Goldwing I guess lol
Old 21-05-08, 11:41 AM   #56
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I really don't see the difference between taking one space with a bike or two spaces in a car .. you are still taking up one more space than you NEED too
Old 21-05-08, 11:54 AM   #57
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
In my day (yes 100 years ago!) the customer was always right and you had to be curteous no matter what otherwise you got the sack!
Here's a really excellent article about why the customer is not always right.
Old 21-05-08, 11:56 AM   #58
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
I really don't see the difference between taking one space with a bike or two spaces in a car .. you are still taking up one more space than you NEED too
If a busy car park then yes, it would make more sense to park up outside the shop, no point riding round looking for a spot lol. But if it's more convenient to just use a space then no I don't see a problem. I suppose there is the whole parking ticket thing in normal car parks, some car drivers may get annoyed that they have to pay for use of a spot, but supermarkets are free!

Sorry, I think I've forgotten what the whole point of this discussion was
Old 21-05-08, 11:59 AM   #59
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness View Post
Quote:
If they think that you won?t support them when a customer is out of line, even the smallest problem can cause resentment.
very true and the reason for much b!tching in the workplace these days . Good article that!
Old 21-05-08, 12:05 PM   #60
Odin

Generally I park anywhere I feel like it (not disabled places..i am not that rude. I might do it one time and if someone asks i will just say i support Sunderland....now thats a disability). I do not give it a second thought...drive..park...get off...set alarm ...walk away ..easy.

As for the rude shop assistants, do yourself a favour an buy online wherever possible. This minimises your possible encounters with chavs and other forms of muppets.

If you do get into a slanging match with a little hitler, always leave by releasing a bottom burp just where they stand. Last time I done this I giggled like a 12 year old who had just won a bet, by running around the girls changing room after PE.