SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-08-10, 09:01 PM   #51
jacksuzukisv650

Default Re: Suzuki SV-series 2011-2018

were did u get that from ???? jesus the sv rr sounds like a beast
Old 03-08-10, 09:10 PM   #52
Nick_69

If they do it. It will be nice to see a decent v twin sport which isn't a ducati

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 09:21 PM   #53
Baggy

The new SV650 is on www.motorcyclenews.com today
Old 04-08-10, 10:14 AM   #54
thedonal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_69 View Post
If they do it. It will be nice to see a decent v twin sport which isn't a ducati
YES.

The bike world is a little short of medium/large V-Twin bikes that are not - race/exotica (Ducati, Aprilia, Benelli) or Sofas (Harley and all equivalents).

I would like to see this changed please.
Old 04-08-10, 10:30 AM   #55
sinbad

The SV650 is meant to be the way it is. Add pricey parts and loads more power and you no longer give it the attributes that actually make it a good choice for a lot of people- cheap price and insurance costs.

I don't know if there'd be a market for an SV "rr" priced above the SV base, but Suzuki would be insane to replace the current bike with something like that. It's a nice little niche that not everyone else is taking a piece of just now.
Old 04-08-10, 11:34 AM   #56
thedonal

Default Re: Wishing for this: Suzuki SV-series 2011-2018

I think it would be a great next step for SV owners that love what they have, but want more of it.

So- not necessarily the full range suggested by Spronken, but perhaps an additional model that's a significant, but not huge step up from the SV.

I'd rather go that way than an IL4 racer and something that is along similar lines- light, flickable and tweakable but with more go in it.

It would mean considerable re-engineering I reckon- a different engine, rather than a tweaked engine. But then Suzuki designed a new engine at the SV's birth, rather than going the Bandit route of a bike cobbled from parts and still made it affordable.

Think about it- it'd likely be cheaper and more reliable than a Ducati with a more reasonable insurance cost too. Could still be fairly budget (springs and brakes being the main upgrade parts outside the engine that would be above the 'budget' level, but from existing ranges).
Old 04-08-10, 04:45 PM   #57
CSpronken

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
The SV650 is meant to be the way it is. Add pricey parts and loads more power and you no longer give it the attributes that actually make it a good choice for a lot of people- cheap price and insurance costs.

I don't know if there'd be a market for an SV "rr" priced above the SV base, but Suzuki would be insane to replace the current bike with something like that. It's a nice little niche that not everyone else is taking a piece of just now.
Hence why I'm not suggesting to replace it but to expand the range of models with an up spec version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
So- not necessarily the full range suggested by Spronken, but perhaps an additional model that's a significant, but not huge step up from the SV.
Keep in mind though that this full range as you call it does not contain that much more than the SV line has already had. You have one naked, one half-faired and one fully faired body, exactly as it has been. Only difference is that for the half and fully faired version there would be an R-model with uprated engine and suspension. Of course if there were enough demand they could also make a naked R model, sort of a street triple competitor.
'02 (Curvy), yellow, Sport Smart, mods: progressive fork springs, '03-04 ZX-6RR rear shock, Li-ion battery, Leovince slip-on, Powerbronze airflow double bubble, flush front indicators, bike-it integrated LED rear. SRAD front end conversion on going.

Last edited by CSpronken; 04-08-10 at 05:10 PM.
CSpronken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 04:55 PM   #58
hardhat_harry

Default Re: Wishing for this: Suzuki SV-series 2011-2018

The motorcycle market has many different sectors now with adventure, tourers, supersport, commuter, naked, hyper tourers etc but one section has not been catered for recently with the demise of the 400cc supersport machines. These were and still are popular an SV-RR lightened with sorted suspension, brakes and a more agressive stance would tap into that market and would clean up with no competition.