SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-07-08, 08:06 AM   #61
Baph

Default Re: Killed my car - can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Just wait until things start falling off of it.......did anyone see topgear the other night.
Funny you should say that, I just mentionned your problems to the guy sat next to me in the office "Ah, so from a mechanical problem to a whole host of electrical problems."

I look forward to your posts of "x, y and z doesn't work on the Alfa... help!" hehe!
Old 08-07-08, 08:08 AM   #62
muffles

Good luck with the insurance! Does this give you the "ticket" for the next big purchase now...? *cough* GSX-R600 *cough*
Old 08-07-08, 08:11 AM   #63
krhall

I furnished her with all the relevant information and pointed out that an Alfa could be a bottomless pit of money, but she insisted that she wanted it and takes full responsibility for the purchase....

When it goes wrong though I know it will be my fault!!!!!

As an aside, whilst looking for different cars, I joined a few forums trying to get some info on each models...........................there is only one real forum on the entire internet and this is it.

The others are pony in comparrisson!!!

Ages for a response, if at all and then condescending at that!!!
Old 08-07-08, 08:13 AM   #64
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Good luck with the insurance! Does this give you the "ticket" for the next big purchase now...? *cough* GSX-R600 *cough*
Well that is very dependant on the insurance outcome, but had crossed my mind. George Whites are offering a brand new K7 for £5695..................I mentioned it a few times when we got home last night, catching her in the peak of a good mood!
Old 08-07-08, 08:18 AM   #65
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Well that is very dependant on the insurance outcome, but had crossed my mind. George Whites are offering a brand new K7 for £5695..................I mentioned it a few times when we got home last night, catching her in the peak of a good mood!
Try selling it to her as "a £1500 saving" or "20% off"...women love looking at it that way instead I think it makes the shopping part of their brain go all warm and fuzzy! (just waiting for a reply from one of the .org ladies now lol!)
Old 08-07-08, 08:29 AM   #66
krhall

Just went on their site and can't find the bloody deal.
Old 08-07-08, 08:45 AM   #67
muffles

Yeah I just got GW to email me their "prices of the week" and it didn't have and 600K7 deals on it (didn't show it at all) - I wonder if they've run out

I know dealers were selling them for £6000 around March time so hopefully there's a bargain or two still to be had!
Old 08-07-08, 09:49 AM   #68
rob13

Lovely cars those 147s particularly the Lusso models however.....a mate had one with all the bells & whistles on and had no end of problems with it. In the end he cut his losses and sold it on.

I keep looking at Alfas and its ridiculous how much car you can get for your money, but unfortunately it seems that its also ridiculous how many problems you get for your money
Old 08-07-08, 10:00 AM   #69
krhall

I had a very little blast round the block in it last night and it is only a 1.6 but very-VERY rapid!

Looks nice too, but the wait for the first bill has already commenced.
Old 10-07-08, 11:07 AM   #70
krhall

Finally got an insurance offer:

£3200 - £350 (excess) = £2800......

Sound fair? The way my luck is poxed at the moment I am tempted just to say yes lets, get it sorted.