SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-04-08, 08:53 AM   #61
neio79

Default Re: Power rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
would rather prat around and go fast on that than a brand new R6 or summit incase the innevitable happens and I trash it. .
That is what GAP insurance is for mate, which is why i got it. I know as long as i walk away from a crash i can go straight back down the dealers and replace the bike with a brand new one.

So in 3 years time when it expires you can have the keys to the 6R and trash it for me , then i can get a new one
Old 23-04-08, 08:56 AM   #62
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RichSV650 View Post
I agree with neio79, why slate other bikers for being out enjoying thereselves. But I would also add if I do see a biker up my @rse who's looking to get past I do my best to let them by. Just because they have the top gear and latest sports bike doesnt makes them @rsehols or crap riders.
Power Rangers are the BMW 5 series drivers of the biking world

Just in it for the pose

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-08, 08:57 AM   #63
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
That is what GAP insurance is for mate, which is why i got it. I know as long as i walk away from a crash i can go straight back down the dealers and replace the bike with a brand new one.

So in 3 years time when it expires you can have the keys to the 6R and trash it for me , then i can get a new one
Why thank you kind sir, that is so generous, what areas would you like me to focus on? Off a cliff okay?

You, you, you weekend warrior you
Old 23-04-08, 09:05 AM   #64
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Power Rangers are the BMW 5 series drivers of the biking world

Just in it for the pose
I know the exact people your on about my dads mate has a brand new gsxr600 and the bike won't ever see 3000miles. But who am I to stop him enjoying those 3000miles. If I could afford a new bike everytime I hit 5000 I would. Stop being such party poopers, everyone to their own I say.
Old 23-04-08, 09:10 AM   #65
timwilky
Mega Poster

I never ride in towns/cities, so just maybe I am not a death or glory filterer. I happen to have a blue/white GSXR, blue/white black leathers and a blue/white/black lid (both owned well before I bought the matching bike). The only thing colour co ordinated I have bought is blue boots.

Power ranger, weekend warrior. All the gear no idea. We have heard it all before. I ride because I enjoy it. If that translates to when the sun shines so be it. I have cars for the rain.

If you think the guy up front is not filtering to your high and mighty standards, instead of intimidating him 3 ft off his back wheel, main beam, low gear high revs and lots of noise. Relax, enjoy the scenery and pass him safely when there is a break.

Guys, stress is a killer. you don't need it.
Old 23-04-08, 09:15 AM   #66
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RichSV650 View Post
I know the exact people your on about my dads mate has a brand new gsxr600 and the bike won't ever see 3000miles. But who am I to stop him enjoying those 3000miles. If I could afford a new bike everytime I hit 5000 I would. Stop being such party poopers, everyone to their own I say.
I am not saying that they should not be in the roads.

What I am saying is the mentality that goes with the "Power Ranger" purchases, is often to think that you are better than you are, and better than the guy behind you.

To let someone pass would be the same as losing to many of them.

As a latecomer to biking my advice when people ask me about it that if they have ever thought about wanting to try riding, then they should.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-08, 09:19 AM   #67
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Why thank you kind sir, that is so generous, what areas would you like me to focus on? Off a cliff okay?

You, you, you weekend warrior you

well some left over remains might be preferable for the asesors mate .

Then i can upgrade to the latest 6R and keep my weekend warrior status
Old 23-04-08, 09:25 AM   #68
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Meh.. we're happy to stereotype other people, but when people call the SV a girls bike we dont like it either do we...

We're all bikers, we all ride, it doesnt matter what you ride.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-08, 09:26 AM   #69
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
well some left over remains might be preferable for the asesors mate .

Then i can upgrade to the latest 6R and keep my weekend warrior status
Okay well they will be at the bottom of a mountain for ya dude bit i will hold on to a mirror before i let it go
Old 23-04-08, 10:11 AM   #70
Baph

Now see, there appears to be a little confusion in this thread:

Power Ranger: Clothing matches the bike, and both consitute at least 2 colours. This doesn't reflect on the riding ability.
Weekend Warrior: Only rides when the weather is fair, and as such, doesn't gain what I consider to be valuable experience on the bike (ie, wet conditions).

Personally, I don't have an issue with Power Rangers. You have the money, you buy the kit. Who cares?

Weekend Warriors are the funny ones. Most also fit into the Power Ranger category too, but some don't.

Riding in rural areas, seeing supersports IL4s hard on the brakes when they don't need to (even taking into account the reduced engine braking), point & squirt riders who can't filter because they daren't get close to another vehicle (at any speed). Those are the ones that it's funny to pass, and it's only funny because most of them get so worked up about it.

I remember commuting back from my old job, coming over the moors. I saw a group of Weekend Warriors a couple of miles up the road from me. They were making pretty good progress, but I was in the mood for a play, so I adjusted my riding to suit & caught them up in an area I knew I could easily (and safely) pass them. So I did, and laughed as I opened up away from them.

A couple of miles further down the road, another Weekend Warrior (and he was a Power Ranger too) was bent over looking at his gear linkage. So I pulled up, hazards on & asked if they were OK. Turned out his linkage had dropped off, and he didn't have tools or a brain. I did have tools, so sorted it for him.

His mates came flying down the hill, and the only comment I got from them was "F*k me, I thought you were a copper in that high vis & riding so quick on a hard road like that." Nah, t'was just my daily commute.