SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-03-06, 12:39 PM   #61
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Also I love marmite... I was thinking of getting my helmet painted brown with a marmite jar pic on the back...
Just call me marmite man...
I once saw a cyclist in central London wearing a yellow jersey (as cyclists are wont to do). This jersey was the colour of a marmite lid and had the words "I hate jams" and a picture of a marmite jar on the back. I thought that this was great. I hate jams too, which is why I don't drive in central London, though I don't mind them on toast occasionally.
Old 10-03-06, 12:49 PM   #62
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M.
I think I might be sorry again, but... wtf is Chicken Bovril?
Chicken Bovril
Old 10-03-06, 02:57 PM   #63
kingnothing

Marmite is gross, that being said, I would buy a helmet painted like a jar of the stuff!
Old 10-03-06, 03:00 PM   #64
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
Quote:
Also I love marmite... I was thinking of getting my helmet painted brown with a marmite jar pic on the back...
I once saw a cyclist in central London wearing a yellow jersey (as cyclists are wont to do). This jersey was the colour of a marmite lid and had the words "I hate jams" and a picture of a marmite jar on the back. I thought that this was great. I hate jams too, which is why I don't drive in central London, though I don't mind them on toast occasionally.
Like this:

Old 10-03-06, 03:12 PM   #65
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M.
Quote:
I've never done it... or know of anyone... after all its just for emergencies.

Tastes great on a English Breakfast...

Chicken Bovril on toast is great too..
I think I might be sorry again, but... wtf is Chicken Bovril?
Chicken Bovril is THE most nicest spread for toast etc. Its similar consistancy of Marmite, but tastes of well... chicken! And its DELICIOUS!!
Old 10-03-06, 04:10 PM   #66
toddpnewton

Default Re: Wheels on the bus go round and round. But why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godikus
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpnewton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackler
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ
I can't believe how little post whoring was done here while SVR was down. Seems like everyone is more polite when they are a guest.
Just because we are american, doesnt mean we dont wipe our feet on the rug before we enter someones house
BEFORE!?!?! I guess that would explain all the dirty looks i keep getting from people!
Now that SVr is back up, I suppose we could raid the fridge, eat all the marmite, urinate in the flower beds and run back home.

THis has been bugging me for a long time. Will someone please comment?
I visited England some years ago and asked the guys I was with "You know those emergency stops on the buses? Do you ever push those?"
"Well, no."
"You must know someone who has, then."
"No, not really."
I was dumbfounded. These were not your average John Q Public upstanding citizens, more like a bunch of long-haired thrashers (actually the guy was IN Thrasher).
"Dude! You've got to be kidding me. Why the Hell not?"
"Well, um, I don't know. Its just not something you would think to do."

Unsatisfactory! Has any of you ever pushed one of those buttons as a young (or old) punk? Was this guy just not with the program? The temptation seems so great! I'd have thought bet you couldn't get a single bus on schedule, heck, evenmore than 500 feet out of the yard with a kill switch on the back. So what's going on over there?
Hmm - what's going on over here that would condition me to think that's abnormal?
Guilty as charged

(assuming you mean the one on the back of the bus on the outside)
Excellent! I feel better now.
Old 10-03-06, 04:52 PM   #67
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
Quote:
Like this:

Thats great... I'll have 2 please...