SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 07-05-20, 12:14 PM   #7001
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Pretty good results.
Your cameras must be loving the covid. They are getting lots of TLC
I'm another one down. Just sold a Yashica FX3 (I had 2 so still keeping one for myself)
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 12:23 PM   #7002
Kenzie

Yeah, I've been having a good sort out as well as repairing a few. Found some bits that I had completely forgotten about too. I need to double check the double exposure mode on the XE-1 at some point. I was tempted to swap out a scuffed panel using a clean one from the XE-1 you sent me. Wouldn't mind would you?

Dug this rough old thing out. I bought it to nick the top plate for my cleaner model that had a loose speed selector. I had assumed it didn't work properly, but if I keep the speed above 1/100 then the shutter doesn't cap.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-05-20 at 12:48 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 06:22 PM   #7003
Kenzie

Oh, and sorted (I hope) the focus on my Nikon Zoom 35-70 f3.3. I can highly recommend not getting involved with collinating a zoom lens. The double exposure mode on the XE works fine by the way.
Old 08-05-20, 08:24 AM   #7004
Kenzie

Managed to sort a self timer lever for the XE-1 from an XD-5. It works but they are so stiff its understandable they break. Only thing really wrong with this now is the prism. Sorted out the winder jamming and it seems to fire every time without hanging up. Sure you don't want it back Yoko? I have another XE-1 to use.

Last edited by Kenzie; 08-05-20 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-05-20, 08:59 AM   #7005
yokohama

I have another XE1 too Kenzie so keep it for bits or sell it on if you like. I don't mind. I'm still trying to downsize a little.
It's the duplicates that torment me. I've 2 Pentax MXs. Should I sell one or keep them both so I've a donor in case one of them stops working?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:09 AM   #7006
Kenzie

I know what you mean about duplicates. Four OM1s (gave one to JR) , four OM2s, at least four Trip 35s, two P30 types, three Pentax MX, two XE1s, two Voigtlander Perkeos, two Vito Bs... But I like to have a back up, but when you have a back up of a back up is when it becomes a problem. The MX is still fetching good money, even as spares or repairs. £50+ at the moment.

Last edited by Kenzie; 08-05-20 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-05-20, 08:48 PM   #7007
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

The OM-1 is nice, thanks for it! Still don't trust the meter.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 11:51 AM   #7008
Kenzie

Just enjoying a coffee in the warm and sunny garden and using up the last shots.

Old 09-05-20, 06:36 PM   #7009
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

It's been great, hasn't it? We've been outside all day, even at breakfast, which for me started half an hour earlier at about 8, when I was surprised to find that I was the only one up. Kenzie, did you get anywhere wit the Super A? I've never had any trouble with mine, even the time I left the shutter cokked for about four years. I don't know how it decides the batteries are low, maybe there's a duff joint somewhere. I've used any old batteries of the right size.
Also, have you used liquid electrical tape or similar to seal up pinhole in bellows? I haven't used my Mess Ikonta for ages. Looks like new bellows are a fortune, but I think there are just a few thin patches, I'm not even sure where but I guess on the corners of folds.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 07:24 PM   #7010
Kenzie

I have but it's a bit hit a miss. Even tried flexible gasket stuff. Best way of the camera is empty is to take it into a dark room and shine a torch on the outside of the bellows and look inside. No joy with the Pentax, display is acting up now too. I've just gone through my cameras on display and removed a load of batteries. Don't need them leaking! I'm tempted to make video compilation of all the shutter sounds of my collection. If this lockdown continues I might get a chance.