SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-06, 01:50 PM   #951
The Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles
Anticipating a PH post----"you read it here first"
He must have fallen asleep.

Old 20-08-06, 01:54 PM   #952
Peter Henry

Ha ha what can I say? Just waiting for the watershed to pass so that I can wax lyrically with a certain Bolognese flavour to it!

Old 20-08-06, 01:54 PM   #953
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

He's probably drunk.Dancing naked around the streets or whatever he does on a sunny Sunday after a race like that.
Old 20-08-06, 01:56 PM   #954
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Oh he's back.
Old 21-08-06, 08:14 AM   #955
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Capirossi is the daddy of Brno. He gave them all a thorough drubbing respect is due.

Also way to go Dani bashing fairing with Rossi

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 21-08-06, 08:33 AM   #956
SVeeedy Gonzales

Rossi reminded me of someone with a rolled up newspaper trying to ward off a wasp, for a while there.

The big win margin was impressive for the little guy, yet there's always something a bit disappointing when the winner is that far ahead and seemingly untouchable. I prefer the last lap battles.

Old 21-08-06, 09:13 AM   #957
creamerybutter

Top tussle between Dani and Rossi but it didn’t last all that long before Rossi decided to leave. Although his comment basically accusing Rossi and Hayden of almost causing accidents just to stop him passing just sounded like sour grapes to me.

What a ride by Caparossi though.

Old 21-08-06, 01:17 PM   #958
Peter Henry

Little Loris what a performance hey?

Well you know yesterdays race made a certain penny drop with me. It was what the true difference between Valentino and the rest of the pack is. Quite simply despite his cheeky chappie appearance, he is the most aggressive rider out there. I am going to suggest that no-one other than him would have been able to with stand the constant thrusts from Dani in such a manner. Very, very impressive.

But that race will be priceless for Dani in the long term. Why? He and Valentino destroyed the rest of the field with their pace and Dani was able to track Rossi for 3/4 of the race. To sacrifice 4 points after being given such a demonstration will I feel be a very small price to pay.

Dani passed comment that he thought Valentino was a little too aggresive at times,but I don't agree. If Dani can add a touch of what Valentino showed yesterday, then he will be the most complete rider I have EVER seen.

STOP PRESS:

Max Biaggi now in close talks with D'Antin to ride a 800cc Ducati next season. The deal is rumoured to be very close to happening. Back in Moto Gp with a few points to prove?

All appears to have fizzled out on the WSB option with Suzuki.

Old 21-08-06, 04:50 PM   #959
Scooby Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Max Biaggi now in close talks with D'Antin to ride a 800cc Ducati next season. The deal is rumoured to be very close to happening. Back in Moto Gp with a few points to prove?

All appears to have fizzled out on the WSB option with Suzuki.
So as nobody has a 'last years' bike in 800cc, this will be very close to top spec. If he can make his point early on, he should get all the new parts right away. If he can make a point...

Old 21-08-06, 08:14 PM   #960
Peter Henry

A view that many riders will be seeing a whole lot of next year!

Ducati's 800cc prototype ass end! Aint she pretty?

Closed Thread