SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 18-04-08, 08:23 PM   #1
Well Oiled

Default Sunday Lunchtime at Matlock

I will be there about 12:30 as I'm out on an observed ride. If anyone wants to stop by for a brew. Chris, my IAM observer, will be with me and you can find out about what's involved in doing the IAM course. Well worth it.

Cheers Keith
Old 18-04-08, 08:53 PM   #2
MR UKI (1)

Default Re: Sunday Lunchtime at Matlock

Hows it going with the IAM Keith?
Old 19-04-08, 12:58 AM   #3
wheelnut

You could ask him if my payment made 2 years ago is still valid. I paid the IAM fee and got the forms and books etc. but never had time to complete it, never had time to ride the bike since either.

Many Thanks Keith.

Malc
Old 19-04-08, 07:59 AM   #4
G
Mega Poster

Still got not exhaust for my bike blueflame are taking ages returning it....dont think you IAM guy would be all that impressed if i rolled up with a can on lol
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-08, 05:52 PM   #5
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR UKI (1) View Post
Hows it going with the IAM Keith?
Tis going well, thanks Paul. Tomorrow will be my third obsreved ride. Chris, my observer, reckons that I'm pretty well ready for the test, but I'll have a couple more runs.

A couple of things I've picked up are that I take a wide entry into bends and on left handers he reckons I should 'sacrifice position for safety' if there are cars coming the other way, in case they cross over. Also my lifesavers on RHturns onto minor roads were not consistent. Didn't realise it but sometimes I'm too focussed on lining up for the turn and looking round the corner, and sometimes don't check for the k**b who may try an overtake as I'm slowing for the turn.

At first it's a bit off-puitting knowing your're being watched all the time but you soon realx and ride naturally. At the end of the day it should make me ride witha bit more speed and a bit more safety.

Cheers Keith
Old 19-04-08, 05:56 PM   #6
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Still got not exhaust for my bike blueflame are taking ages returning it....dont think you IAM guy would be all that impressed if i rolled up with a can on lol
Why not?

Well, my plate is a tad undersize and my baffle consists of a straight pipe with no real noise reduction. He ain't said owt yet.
Old 19-04-08, 05:57 PM   #7
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut View Post
You could ask him if my payment made 2 years ago is still valid. I paid the IAM fee and got the forms and books etc. but never had time to complete it, never had time to ride the bike since either.

Many Thanks Keith.

Malc
I'll ask. Could be that there will be a £20 re-instatement fee, which I will pass on to him.
Old 21-04-08, 03:45 PM   #8
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled View Post
Why not?

Well, my plate is a tad undersize and my baffle consists of a straight pipe with no real noise reduction. He ain't said owt yet.
I have to be honest I sometimes wonder how the hell I manage to write such crap. I just read that back and could hardly read it myself.

Such a retard lol.
G is offline   Reply With Quote