SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-12-04, 12:31 PM   #1
chazzyb

Default Loobman chain oiler fitting

Anyone had a Loobman oiler on their SV? I've had one for a year waiting to be fitted. Where did you put your bottle? Any other tips or gotchas?
Old 06-12-04, 12:32 PM   #2
Grinch

I've got one 2... that just never seemed to pet put on!
Old 06-12-04, 12:37 PM   #3
mysteryjimbo

I've had 2 before and they are nice, easy to fit and maintain.

Without going out to look at my bike in the car park, i'd say either the pillion pegs or bungie bars would be a good place to mount the oil bottle.

And make sure you've got a "hump" to catch some oil just before the dual delivery head.
Old 06-12-04, 01:16 PM   #4
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
I've had 2 before and they are nice, easy to fit and maintain.

Without going out to look at my bike in the car park, i'd say either the pillion pegs or bungie bars would be a good place to mount the oil bottle.

And make sure you've got a "hump" to catch some oil just before the dual delivery head.
Ok.. lost me with hump???
Old 06-12-04, 01:23 PM   #5
mysteryjimbo

When you fix the lower part of the oiler to the Swingarm, leave a little hump in the tube to catch some oil. like the U-bend in plumbing.
Coz the oil takes time to get from the bottle to the chain, you may have finished riding by the time it gets there. if there's some stuck behind the "hump" air pressure will push it over sooner.
Old 06-12-04, 02:44 PM   #6
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
When you fix the lower part of the oiler to the Swingarm, leave a little hump in the tube to catch some oil. like the U-bend in plumbing.
Coz the oil takes time to get from the bottle to the chain, you may have finished riding by the time it gets there. if there's some stuck behind the "hump" air pressure will push it over sooner.
Blinding.. cheers..
Old 16-03-05, 12:30 PM   #7
Warren

cool, dont suppose you can post pics ?
Old 16-03-05, 12:33 PM   #8
jonboy

I had one for Xmas (no expense spared in my household!) and the instructions are perhaps the worst I have ever seen for a product. So much so, it's still on the shelf.

Old 16-03-05, 04:45 PM   #9
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
I had one for Xmas (no expense spared in my household!) and the instructions are perhaps the worst I have ever seen for a product. So much so, it's still on the shelf.

thats what i thought when i got mine,
saw the instructions and thought . . . oh no.

a few months later, i put it together following the instructions, and now ive gotta say that they are really easy, just look complicated at a glance.
Old 16-03-05, 04:55 PM   #10
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy

I think this is why mine hasn't got fitted yet too!