SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 24-06-07, 05:23 PM   #1
wooly

Default bedford?!?

any riders in here over my neck of the woods?!? i know bedford isnt exactly anglia,but i DO get anglia tonight news on ITV!!!! i seem to be the only sv rider out here unless they're all hidden away!! can count on one hand how many ive seen in last 12 months!!! come on where is everybody!!!!
Old 24-06-07, 06:37 PM   #2
K

Default Re: bedford?!?

Of course Bedford is in East Anglia (speaks the person who has lived round there for more years than anywhere else ).

Hi there by the way.

There's a couple of folks over in Luton/Dunstable from what I can remember, then a few of us up the A428 in this here light of culture *ahem* that is Northampton.

Where abouts in Bedford are you?
Old 24-06-07, 07:56 PM   #3
davy

Bedford's not that far from Peterborough.
Old 24-06-07, 09:12 PM   #4
wooly

K- im out on the elstow side of town, not too far from the 421 interchange with A6, apologies for my anglia error, im really a northerner in disguise, only been in bedford for a couple of years now!!!

maybe have to show me some roads round here i dont know yet!!

thinkin about it, do any of you go to the star and garter on a wednesday night? lovely ride out there and usually a friendly meet
Old 25-06-07, 09:27 PM   #5
2mths

Hello again!

This would be that more appropriate thread I was thinking about when I mentioned such a thing in your "waterlogged" thread

I must admit that I wouldn't have though of Bedford as East Anglia (I'd hav labelled it Home counties - Herts, Beds & Bucks) but it makes porbably the most sense of the regional forum choices.

I think I've been along to the Star & Garter, if that's the one on the Kimbolton road. Saw no SVs though. Roads I took from N'ton weren't so hot, but looking at the map I think I need to get a little more adventurous and creative with my route.
Old 25-06-07, 09:33 PM   #6
davy

Hi 2mths, you venturing out of Northants into the big wide world???

Lol
Old 25-06-07, 09:52 PM   #7
2mths

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Hi 2mths, you venturing out of Northants into the big wide world???
How do you mean? In the 81 days I've had the SV I've taken her round to\around Norfolk on three occasions, up to North Wales (and back in a day) across to Worcester, down to Oxford and even to something like your neck of the woods Cambs. I wouldn't describe myself as Northampton bound
Old 25-06-07, 11:22 PM   #8
wooly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mths View Post
I think I've been along to the Star & Garter, if that's the one on the Kimbolton road. Saw no SVs though. Roads I took from N'ton weren't so hot, but looking at the map I think I need to get a little more adventurous and creative with my route.
thats the one, i've not been about much recently but i do tend to get up there when i can,work permitting etc etc,the b660 out of bedford upto kimbolton isnt a bad road,not sure what else is around here though, seem to spend most my time on major trunk roads and motorways at the minute
Old 26-06-07, 07:34 AM   #9
K

Like many roads, the A428 from N'pton to Bedford is great when it's clear, but can be as boring as sin when it's full of traffic.

2mths, if you want a more 'interesting route' head out towards the Queen Eleanor roundabout and take the backroad to Newport Pagnal. Hang a sharp left before you get to the town and head towards Milton Keynes - before you get there head out towards Woburn Sands.
Then you have a chioce of the 'short way' through Ampthill and on to Bedford...

... or the 'long way' out through Clophill, Shefford and then back towards Bedford.

Hey - I never said it was a direct route.
Old 26-06-07, 07:41 AM   #10
2mths

Cheers K

I'll have a look at that. The first section is the B526 I know that VERY well. I'll try to have a look at the other roads.

I had heard tale that there were problems with youths deliberately putting diesel on the roads near cranfield to practise their drifting. I don't know how true that is. By the looks of it though the roads you're talking about are probably far enough away to be ok. I have been led out there a couple of times but had no idea where I was going and some of the roads we were supposed to be taking were shut leading to random diversions.