SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-10-07, 03:13 PM   #1
plowsie

Default Serious Plowsie Thread!

Not jokes or comedy in here please, i know i know its usually me that does it, but i need a serious kick up the jacksie and a bitta help.

I need to move away from where i live, like away away, could settle for a flat but i'm a ******** and don't want any rough areas Is there anywhere that is cheapish that you guys live that would suit my needs?

I remember nice places in Pompey when i went to fratton park last year goin pretty cheap and i liked Portsmouth itself.

Last edited by plowsie; 16-10-07 at 03:15 PM.
Old 16-10-07, 03:16 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Serious Plowsie Thread!

can't help bud I'll keep an eye out.
Check www.gumtree.co.uk (theres one for most cities) for cheap accomodation.
Old 16-10-07, 03:22 PM   #3
plowsie

Cheers mate having a look through that now
Old 16-10-07, 03:35 PM   #4
Alpinestarhero

You could try somewhere near brighton - not in brighton itself, but somewhere like peacehaven or telscombe. Nice quiet area's, good roads near by and all the fresh sea air you can handle

Matt
Old 16-10-07, 03:37 PM   #5
tomjones2

Pompey is a nice place, spent 4 years at uni there. Southsea has loads of cheapish housing, you only problem is that most of the rentals are students.

If your willing to share a house you might still be alright, there still going to be house shares about, and you could live with final year students as well if you are working. The rental market was cetainly getting tighter over the time I was there though, havn't been down there for 18 months so can't say for sure now.

In all fairness most of portmouth is pretty nice providing your not on one of the big estates, which I never though were that bad anyway. I worked pizza delivery on all those estates and was never confronted once in 3 years. I lived 500m from a one of the "rough" areas and never had a problem. Only problem with living around fratton that I know about is the parking is terrible on match days, and the traffic warden are out in force.

I actually live pretty near you at the moment (banbury) and would certainly rate portsmouth over any of the towns around here, but I was at uni there and not working so it may not be a fair assement.

TBH the best thing is probaly to get yourself down there and have a look.
Old 16-10-07, 03:38 PM   #6
neio79

Wiltshire, Swindon, Calne Chippenham area is cheaper than most for no apparant reason.
Old 16-10-07, 03:45 PM   #7
G
Mega Poster

Strange as it seems scotland or north wales are brilliants places to live, I would move to either in an instant if the chance arose.

If I ever get the oppurtunity to work from home I would look for an old stone cottage in the middle of nowhere in either destination.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-07, 03:46 PM   #8
Sideshow#36

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Wiltshire, Swindon, Calne Chippenham area is cheaper than most for no apparant reason.
My sister in law lives in Calne. In fact she is now moving to Abingdon but leaving her house behind to rent it out. Really nice place and not too far from Swindon. Some good roads too, as long as you know where the spee cameras are.
Old 16-10-07, 03:47 PM   #9
Warthog

Not Oxford, it's viciously expensive! Try up north maybe?
Old 16-10-07, 03:48 PM   #10
hovis

next door to me is for sale