SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-09, 04:48 PM   #1
pencil shavings

Default rear shock bolt GSXR

I remember reading somewhere here you need a different bolt or somthing for fitting the GSXR shocks.

I just got a GSXR1000 K3 shock, should fit it tomorrow but I dont want to start and not be able to finish (not that my bike works atm anyway )

cheers
Old 24-04-09, 05:33 PM   #2
Whitehouse

Default Re: rear shock bolt GSXR

I had to just file the end of the bolt and nut because it was catching on the dogbones but this was for a k7 750 shock, might be different with yours?
Old 25-04-09, 01:30 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I fitted aB2 shock to my old curvey and you need to get the nut AND bolt that go with the shock. Any suzuki dealer should be able to supply them, mine cost about 4 quid.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-09, 04:17 PM   #4
Whitehouse

Oh sh*t, i forgot to mention i had to use the bottom bolt off the gsxr shock, good job you said spiderman
Old 25-04-09, 04:26 PM   #5
pencil shavings

cheers guys, i will order the bolt/nut when i get the relay i need