SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-08-06, 10:39 AM   #1
Nutter

Default How long from ordering to getting new bike

I'm new here, and I've just ordered a new SV650s. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to arrive from Suzuki? The dealer had none in stock, so they ordered one (a week ago today) but Suzuki haven't told the dealer when it will be arriving yet.

I know a week isn't very long, and I'm not complaining, but I just wondered because I want get out on my new bike as soon as I can!
Old 01-08-06, 10:41 AM   #2
neltek

I just ordered a new naked SV650

Took just over a week to get from Suzuki

note tho; they are moving their operations in England at the moment so things may be slowed down a bit
Old 01-08-06, 10:44 AM   #3
Iansv

Usually 1 to 2 weeks if ordering it in... but depends on time of year, stock lvl's, colour and all sorts...
Old 01-08-06, 10:45 AM   #4
Baph

When I called to enquire about the SV650S, the dealer said he had one in stock, but if he sold that before I got there, he could get another within 3-5days.

As it happens, it hadn't sold, until I bought it.
Old 01-08-06, 10:49 AM   #5
diamond

When i ordered mine i think it took about 4 days to arrive at the dealers, I ordered on a saturday afternoon it arrived on the wednesday and then 1 day for them to prep it.
Old 01-08-06, 10:56 AM   #6
Nutter

So it sounds like it can be anything from 3 days to 2 weeks. Oh well.

I phoned on Friday and the dealer hadn't heard from Suzuki, but they said they would definately hear from them either Friday or Tuesday (they're not open Monday's), so I might give them a call later this afternoon if I don't hear from them. The originally told me it would take a few days to get in and would be ready for pickup in 7-8 days, but I took that with a pinch of salt anyway.

It's a small dealer, and I wonder if Suzuki put them lower down the list than the bigger ones for getting bikes.
Old 01-08-06, 11:10 AM   #7
Abyss

Ordered 1st July - Delivered 14th for me.
Old 01-08-06, 03:32 PM   #8
Nutter

I phoned the dealer and the bike is due tomorrow. He said the paperwork comes through either the same day or the next day, and then they have to post that off to DVLA to get it registered and taxed, so hopefully I can pick it up Saturday.

Thanks for all the replies - they were very quick.
Old 01-08-06, 03:48 PM   #9
Tara

What colour have you gone for?
Old 01-08-06, 03:55 PM   #10
kwak zzr

mine was pre reg so i didnt have to wait at all