SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-05-05, 10:00 AM   #1
Cos

Default Hamicad Fender Eliminator

Anybody got one of these ?

On their website it has the following comment in the FAQ section

"Why is the Fender Eliminator labelled for 'race use only'?

The Fender Eliminator designs do not utilise a reflector, and so it is not strictly Street legal, for this reason we must mark it appropriately."

I take it the label can be removed ?

Also is it easy to fit ?
Old 20-05-05, 10:11 AM   #2
PoRk ChOp

Default Re: Hamicad Fender Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos
Anybody got one of these ?

On their website it has the following comment in the FAQ section

"Why is the Fender Eliminator labelled for 'race use only'?

The Fender Eliminator designs do not utilise a reflector, and so it is not strictly Street legal, for this reason we must mark it appropriately."

I take it the label can be removed ?

Also is it easy to fit ?
I never saw that label when I fitted mine mate??? The only reason why it would say that is because it has no reflector on it.

Its a peice of cake to fit, just take your time.

Oh yeah, it looks lush too

HTH
Old 20-05-05, 10:18 AM   #3
redeye321

Well I bought one about a month ago but still have not fitted it because I don't have the time. It doesn't say not for road use on the product, they just say that on their website to cover them. I'm not bothered about not having a reflector and I bet if you had Mr Plod looking at the back of your bike he will not notice anything wrong either.
From what I hear it is a b*tch to fit.
Old 20-05-05, 05:09 PM   #4
Peter Henry

The Mark 2 version is a very well made piece of kit. Thoroughly reading the instructions and planning the job first and it is a breeze.Do not do it as a race against the clock. Always remember to re connect the seat lock!
Old 20-05-05, 07:35 PM   #5
Haxsaw

I am well pleased with mine. Worst part I found was routing the cables since it always seemed like they were being trapped. However, nothing's chaffed through yet so I guess they're ok......
Old 23-05-05, 01:41 PM   #6
Oxprod

Quote:
Always remember to re connect the seat lock!
Very important point. I split my fairing trying to get the seat back off when I fitted my Hamicad. Expensive mistake!!
Old 23-05-05, 02:00 PM   #7
Cos

mmm seems like its going to be a interesting job (i'm useless at this kind of stuff) but something i definately need to do as i hate the rear of the SV with the plastic lump.

I'm gonna need to get some tools as well i suppose.

Well I'll see how much overtime pay i get at the end of this month and see if i can afford the Fender Eliminator and some tools.