SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 22-07-06, 05:47 PM   #1
JediGoat

Default GirlsBike2 invites the soho massive...

Well, as some of you already know, I've opened a branch of GirlsBike2 in Highgate. Well, opened is not totally correct....I officially open on Tuesday (25th), but a couple of people have knocked on the window, whilst I've been unpacking my stock, and it would've been rude to turn them away

Anyway, back to the point of my thread. I'm having a 'launch weekend' on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th July, and would like to invite any of the local SV'ers who fancy popping in. There will be special offers, complimentary wine and soft drinks, choccies.....oh and you might just manage to get a free head massage from Cazza.

So all are invited (you don't have to be a woman looking for bike gear - you are welcome to pop by and say hello), but do tell me who you are or I won't have a clue!

I'll be open 10am-6pm on Saturday, 11-5 on Sunday. Address is 228 Archway Road, London N6 5AX. If you need directions, call me on 0208 340 6503.

Hope to see some of you at the weekend.

Jo -> Who still hasn't had time to fit the changing room curtains. Eek!
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-06, 06:19 PM   #2
wyrdness

I'm close to Highgate, so let us know where and I might pop down, if not busy.

Not having any changing room curtains might be a great way to bring crowds into the shop !
Old 22-07-06, 06:22 PM   #3
jonboy

Quote:
There will be some very special offers (almost free in fact), complimentary champagne and smoked salmon, Belgian choccies etc
Sounds great .

Myself and Mrs Jonboy shall be in attendance .

Old 22-07-06, 09:26 PM   #4
MRs Ape

Ohhh I shall HAVE to attend. I'll bring trouble along with me with his wallet.
Old 22-07-06, 09:27 PM   #5
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRs Ape
Old 22-07-06, 10:48 PM   #6
JediGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
I'm close to Highgate, so let us know where and I might pop down, if not busy.

Not having any changing room curtains might be a great way to bring crowds into the shop !
228 Archway Road....just a few hundred yards south down the hill from Highgate station.

And I think I have the curtains sussed...after a quick 'soft furnishings' lesson from my mom over the phone (after all, that's what mom's are for, isn't it?)....I should be able to get the curtains up tomorrow. Sorry

Jo
Old 22-07-06, 10:49 PM   #7
JediGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Quote:
There will be some very special offers (almost free in fact), complimentary champagne and smoked salmon, Belgian choccies etc
Sounds great .

Myself and Mrs Jonboy shall be in attendance .

Some little warning in my brain tells me you may have paraphrased me....ever so slightly.....

Jo -> who must remember to get to majestic to pick up the wine!
Old 22-07-06, 10:51 PM   #8
JediGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRs Ape
BigApe

You can park yourself on the sofa, sup some wine, eat some choccies....and hand you credit card to MrsApe

Jo
Old 22-07-06, 11:17 PM   #9
JediGoat

Thought I ought to mention the parking situation....

Generally, it's pretty good for London.

Sunday, free parking outside all day.

Saturday (and Monday - Friday), free one hour parking in the road between 10-4. If You're outside these hours, or might stay a little longer, then park your bike close to my windows on the pavement. You can also park bikes on the pavement outside the restaurant on the one side, or the sports shop on the other (leaving their door clear). I know the folks that own these shops, so it'll be ok.

If you need to park a car for longer than an hour on Saturday (or after 4pm), turn onto Northwood Road (left after my shop if you coming from the north, right immediately before the crossing if you're coming from the south), and you can park down there on the side streets (not the first 20 yards of Northwood Road tho). I park my car (not my bike ) down there every day without a problem.

I'm told that the TFL traffic wardens don't come round on a Saturday (and I've not seen them in 3 weeks), but there are cameras, and I'll check which way they are facing when I get there - if in doubt, just come and ask me.

I can't be responsible for any parking tickets, but if they have a go at you parked on the pavement, I'll be out there having a go back!

One more point. Haringey council have decided to honour my shop opening by digging up the bloody pavement. So far, I've managed to keep them away from the front on my shop (citing that my sign fitter had to use step ladders, and that I have to be photographed by the local rag sitting on me bike outside the shop on Monday morning ). But if they dig it up by next Saturday, I'll canvas the local shop keepers to find freindly places to park on the pavement (if needed)

Jo
P.s. I'll be the one is the navy GirlsBike2 top, but if I'm busy there'lll be others in GB2 t-shirts that can help with parking advice (or you can ask my folks - easy to spot...retirement age, don't look like bikers, midlands accents......they'll go mad if they see this!)
Old 23-07-06, 08:01 AM   #10
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop_addict
(or you can ask my folks - easy to spot...retirement age, don't look like bikers, midlands accents......they'll go mad if they see this!)
I'm telling.