SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-06-21, 09:11 PM   #9761
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
I used much more colourful language than that..

I bet!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 01:14 AM   #9762
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
before i start i regard Fife council as one of the best councils in Scotland if not the UK.

but... trying to get an appointment to see a customer representative is a fekin nightmare. they tell you to do everything online.. ok.. go to book an appointment at my local office only to have a prompt to sign up to mygov.scot... ermm no. so i phone up and wait 45min as everyone is doing the same.

get through and make an appointment without having to register to mygov.scot.. figure that out.

as far as their website is concerned all their local offices are open with opening times and no mention of having to book an appointment.... only found that out when i went round to the local office.
Doesn't sound like it is one of the best in the UK to me !
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 01:15 AM   #9763
svenrico

Quote:
Collected my new car this morning, within 20mins it was nearly written off 3 times, not by my doing..
How could it be nearly written off 3 times in 20 minutes ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 07:19 AM   #9764
Seeker
Mega Poster

Amazon.

I don't like using Amazon but my son sends me Amazon gift cards for b/days/Father's day etc. I ordered 3 books and I could select free shipping (I don't have Prime) or I could, for £3.99, select fewer deliveries/boxes.

It seems to me this is the wrong way round, if Amazon are having to make fewer deliveries and use less packaging shouldn't that be cheaper for me? Since I'm trying to reduce my carbon footprint I selected fewer deliveries whilst cursing Bezos.

On a side note you may be aware that Bezos is going to be the first to use his toys-for-rich-kids space jaunt. Did you know that a petition to stop him returning to Earth has been started? (currently with 70,000 signatures )
Old 25-06-21, 07:38 AM   #9765
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Collected my new car this morning, within 20mins it was nearly written off 3 times, not by my doing..
Tell us more!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 25-06-21, 08:30 AM   #9766
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Amazon.

I don't like using Amazon but my son sends me Amazon gift cards for b/days/Father's day etc. I ordered 3 books and I could select free shipping (I don't have Prime) or I could, for £3.99, select fewer deliveries/boxes.

It seems to me this is the wrong way round, if Amazon are having to make fewer deliveries and use less packaging shouldn't that be cheaper for me? Since I'm trying to reduce my carbon footprint I selected fewer deliveries whilst cursing Bezos.

On a side note you may be aware that Bezos is going to be the first to use his toys-for-rich-kids space jaunt. Did you know that a petition to stop him returning to Earth has been started? (currently with 70,000 signatures )
It depends on if the supplier stock is held at an Amazon Warehouse, or if they hold stock themselves and send to Amazon who then forward the delivery.
It's the reason why only select products are available same/next day and others have a few days for delivery option.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 10:21 AM   #9767
Bibio
Mega Poster

i use Amazon and a prime member (mainly for the streaming service). the fewer boxes thing is about having just one delivery instead of waiting in for multiple. if your a busy person (and have a smart phone) then use one of the locker/drop off sites.

i dont get the hate for Bezos. he made his fortune from nothing, is this not the American dream?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 10:32 AM   #9768
Bibio
Mega Poster

school holidays... dont they think that they have had enough. just goes to show that its morons running the country who are hell bent on making more morons.

a good education policy is fundamental to a nations economy. without a good education policy a nation's economy will collapse....
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 10:49 AM   #9769
DJ123
Mega Poster

The kids have had no more Holidays than usual - they've been learning from home instead. And Teachers also need a break too.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 11:01 AM   #9770
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
And Teachers also need a break too.
This.

My next door neighbour is a secondary teacher and the amount of extra work she had to do to prepare video lessons, marking electronically, chasing up pupils who are not working etc etc is massive. Add to that load that teachers have to assess and recommend each pupil's GCSE grade, following some exacting rules and making sure they keep evidence for the inevitable appeals..

On top of that dealing with kids in school who think its funny to go against covid rules, cough on other people deliberately and also dealing with outbreaks in school.

They need a break.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote