SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-07-22, 12:22 PM   #251
redtrummy

Default Re: Exhaust and Number Plates - Police view

If I could capture the guys number plate that goes up our road at about 8am each day I would shop him. His number plate is too small to be legal and his exhaust must be a through pipe , on top of which it constantly miss fires. I don't ride with an illegal exhaust and neither should he.

I seem to remember reading that the max allowed is is 80db but it has to be tested in the open with a certain distance from walls e.t.c - very difficult to police.
Thanks for the rant!
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-22, 06:21 PM   #252
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Your guy sounds like the a-hole on the Grom who lives somewhere near me. You can hear him a mile off and that's no fun when it's 7am on a Sunday!

I'm also amazed at how many of the chavvy kids who rag their chipped cars, popping and snarling the whole time on the over-run, around the town centre, when they all seem to have pale red number plates front and back. I have no idea if they fool ANPR cameras but it proves we don't have enough real police officers about as they're getting away with it so much. Noise cameras don't stand a chance...
Old 26-07-22, 11:18 AM   #253
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I'm also amazed at how many of the chavvy kids who rag their chipped cars, popping and snarling the whole time on the over-run, around the town centre, when they all seem to have pale red number plates front and back. I have no idea if they fool ANPR cameras but it proves we don't have enough real police officers about as they're getting away with it so much. Noise cameras don't stand a chance...

I find it funny that these kids still make their cars loud to tell us they can go fast. Aren't the fastest cars in showrooms now electric? Tesla in ludicrous mode, Porsche Taycan Turbo S etc...
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote