SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-12-08, 11:53 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Textile Trousers

I need to get so new ones kinda quick, mine have devloped a split down the inside right leg, doh! Its getting bigger.

Any suggestions or ideas of what would be good ones to get? They need to water proof/gortex or better and stand up being used a lot. Need to have a removamable thermal lining and can be washed if need be.

I must have done about 5-6000 miles in these ones at least probally more.
Old 27-12-08, 11:56 PM   #2
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Textile Trousers

richa monsoon. never had a prob with mine and do all of the above. Warm as toast, removable inner trouser, very waterproof, as tested the whole of this year in monsoon type weather.
Come in different lengths IIRC About 89 quid

Oh and crashed tested too. Didn't rip or even scuff
or if you cann push the boat out Halvarssons. Got their Graffiti jacket and its the dogs dangles, worth every penny spent

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 28-12-08 at 12:03 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 12:05 AM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Spada are BRILLIANT.

They are very reasonably priced, very very tough and hard wearing, very very warm and water proof and very comfortable.

There not much more can be said, go try some, see them for yourself, and be humbly impressed by them.
Old 28-12-08, 12:08 AM   #4
G
Mega Poster

I have these

http://www.feridax.com/product/W-11a...lan_black.html

The only thing they dont have that you want is removable lining, they do a slightly more expensive pair that do have removable lining though.
Old 28-12-08, 10:27 AM   #5
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

I wouldn't recommend the Richa Monsoon. Mine were letting water in through the ar$e in the 1st couple of months. Granted it was in some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen, but they're not completely waterproof. Then again, the rest of my kit let in water as well (except for my boots) so maybe it was one off those things.

I've done just over 6k in them and they're still standing up strong, no problems with the zips/liner/studs etc.

They do have a removable liner and are warm enough without it until it gets really cold. If you're on a budget then they're probably OK (around £100), but if you can stretch to Gore-Tex, then I would.
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 11:12 AM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

For the price of spada I vwould be interested to know their abrasion rating and longivity (wrongword?).
I had some buffalo ones for £30 that was probably one of the worst purchases I've ever made, I then bought some Raven ones for about £25 that look smart, are really comfy, are warm and on first test (really really bad rain) surprisingly water proof. Unfortunately I half killed my bike shortly after buying them and I'm not back on yet.
Old 28-12-08, 11:42 AM   #7
metalmonkey

Well I'm passing J&S tomorrow, so I can stop by there and try on the whole shop like I usually do, then I can to HG from house, so hopefully I'll find something.

In the mean time, I'm gonna look for something to stop this dam hole getting bigger!
Old 28-12-08, 04:23 PM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Gaffer tape?

I'd go for halvarrsons, I already have a jacket from them and it's brilliant.
Old 28-12-08, 09:57 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

HG stuff or Halvarrsons stuff and the Spidi stuff looks great.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 10:41 PM   #10
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Spada are BRILLIANT.

They are very reasonably priced, very very tough and hard wearing, very very warm and water proof and very comfortable.

There not much more can be said, go try some, see them for yourself, and be humbly impressed by them.
i need pair of trouser's i may go for spada's i've had two set's of their gloves and been mighty impressed.