SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-12-06, 08:06 PM   #1
Toypop

Default Playing Chicken

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6215351.stm

I believe I talked about this incident back in April or that might have been on the Ninja forums?

Some kids were playing chicken and one got hit by a bike that was travelling below the speed limit.

I came across the scene of the accident not long after it happened and it was a right mess to say the least.

Typical BBC reporting though - note the wording stating that the biker killed the boy when in reality the boy tried to kill the biker but came off worse.
Old 28-12-06, 08:08 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I was reading about that in MCN a few minutes ago.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-06, 09:00 PM   #3
Toypop

Looks like the Beeb have received some complaints as the wording of the story has now been amended.
Old 28-12-06, 09:10 PM   #4
valleyboy

Ive had people do that to me on the bike, and thank god, Ive been alert enough to what they were trying to do and avoided the scrotes... also had it in a car on a driving lesson, my instructor told me I should have hit them...
some people obviously dont get it that playing with traffic isnt a healthy thing to do...

it wouldnt be the first time someone has tried suing a dead person, or his family after an accident.
A lad in North wales was killed, as he was drunk and stumbled into the road into an oncoming taxi.. the lad was killed, but the taxi driver then took his parents to court for damages as they had liability insurance as they lived ona farm... it got to court, he won, but was left with bugger all as the solicitors took a massive cut of the winnings...
Old 28-12-06, 09:32 PM   #5
jonboy

He's claiming compensation? Good!

If some halfwit ever tries that with me, I shall have absolutely no compunction (or hesitation) whatsoever, in taking them down with me.

Old 29-12-06, 05:14 PM   #6
PsychoCannon

Let's see, if the scrote had survived I bet you any money that he'd be more than happy to try and sue the biker

I've had people try to scare me off my bike on the M1 by screaming at me as I filter past or leaning out at me and I've even had one idiot throw a punch at me from the pavement as I drove through Milton Keynes, sadly he missed and missed out on a lesson in how painful it is to hit a moving vehicle with your bare hands or any other body part (something I've learn many times due to other peoples stupidity)

About time some of them start getting made a bloddy mess of in front of their friends, only way you're going to stop this tide if idiocy and it is a growing tide, seeing more and more of it every year.
Old 29-12-06, 05:45 PM   #7
Flamin_Squirrel

The biker looks like Troy Baylis
Old 29-12-06, 06:45 PM   #8
Warren

i read this in the sun, under the headlines of

"death ride biker sues"

damn straight, most people would probably do the same thing, i dont really see why there publishing it in the news to be honest.
Old 29-12-06, 07:36 PM   #9
sinbad

I would rather not have read about this sort of thing in the national press, because I'd be happier knowing that as few as possible of the idiots that might actually follow suit will be reading it.

The media needs to be more responsible sometimes. Why publicise the similar (although less lethal) "happy slapping" nonsense? It does no innocent person any good at all and serves nobody but the damned criminals who did it in the first place.

You can bet if a bunch of chavs from wherever started brutally terrorising news-reporters and journalists, and filming it, they would think twice before alerting the rest of the chav population to this new stunt.

It's the same with this thing. It's done under the pretense that riders are being warned. Warned about pedestrians in the road? Thanks! I'll be sure to NOT totally ignore the bunch of hooligans on the kerbside next time I'm in Chav-alley.
All it's really done is alert even more of those *****s to the idea of doing it and getting on the TV! And that does no innocent person any good, at all.
Old 29-12-06, 07:41 PM   #10
ASM-Forever

Sadly i get this particular brand of lunacy quite frequently as i enter Windsor from Staines side.

I can't put in to words how ****ed off i get. Its only a 30MPH, but in their infinite wisdom they have now started "playing" in the 60MPH further up