SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-12-06, 09:28 AM   #1
rob13

Default Insurance write offs

Guys, if a bike is cat d or c, are there any docs to say that that is the case or is it up to the seller declaring it to you?
Old 03-12-06, 09:51 AM   #2
Dicky Ticker

It will show up on the insurance register and should show up on a HPI check. Having said that SOMETIMES this can be overcome by having an engineers report done after a rebuild by using a different frame or engine transplant. In effect you are building a new vehicle although retaining one of the donor reg.no's

Are you selling or buying?
Old 03-12-06, 10:24 AM   #3
Razor

HPI check is the only way. I bought a cat D a few years back and the seller told me it was a cat D. When I went to sell it it was a cat C according to HPI and the buyer thought I was trying to pull a fast one.
Old 03-12-06, 11:14 AM   #4
kwak zzr

my old kwak zzr was a cat c and the seller never informed me by law the seller if private doesnt have to tell you but a dealer or shop has to. my kwak never showed up having any problems with insurance, and when i sold the bike on i did inform the buyer about its new found history.
the situation i'm in at the moment is my old sv has been given a cat c but i'm led to belive this only comes into effect if an insurance company pay me out as a total loss if i dont get a payout and i have to repair the sv the accident will show up on HPI but i'm led to belive it wont show as a write off? can anyone put me right?