SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-07-05, 02:28 PM   #1
Grinch

Default Top yoke conversion

Anyone know of any places other than Lucus for a S model top yoke converstion as I'm trying to get one priced up.
Old 25-07-05, 02:35 PM   #2
Mike1234

Default Re: Top yoke conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Anyone know of any places other than Lucus for a S model top yoke converstion as I'm trying to get one priced up.
To convert an S model to unfaired with bar risers, etc. or to convert an unfaired bike to an S model with clip ons?
Old 25-07-05, 02:53 PM   #3
richwill68

Try breakers for the parts. Can't see any reason why parts shouldn't be interchangeable. May need longer cables/brake lins if converting an S to normal bars.
Old 25-07-05, 03:24 PM   #4
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1234
Quote:
To convert an S model to unfaired with bar risers, etc. or to convert an unfaired bike to an S model with clip ons?
To convert a S in to a N with bar risers sutable for Renthal bars. I have been on the look out for some yokes from a N but as of yet have been unsuccessfull
Old 25-07-05, 03:25 PM   #5
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwill68
Try breakers for the parts. Can't see any reason why parts shouldn't be interchangeable. May need longer cables/brake lins if converting an S to normal bars.
I have long brake lines and clutch, though I'm not to sure about the choke and throttle...
Old 25-07-05, 03:55 PM   #6
richwill68

Depends on how much of a rise you go for. Worse case scenario, you'll have to buy new ones for an N model! Not that bad really!
Old 25-07-05, 03:56 PM   #7
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwill68
Depends on how much of a rise you go for. Worse case scenario, you'll have to buy new ones for an N model! Not that bad really!
Nah... I could probably get away with refeeding them.
Old 25-07-05, 04:06 PM   #8
Mike1234

I've got a complete top and bottom yoke from an unfaired carb'd bike for sale if you are interested. Missing the bar rise though but I do have a set of Renthal bars for sale also
Old 25-07-05, 04:26 PM   #9
chazzyb

Quote:
I have long brake lines and clutch, though I'm not to sure about the choke and throttle...
Check parts lists to see if part numbers are the same. The other issue *might* be the wiring harness being long enough the put the switch gear where you want it.
Old 25-07-05, 07:49 PM   #10
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Bandit & SV Mania do a complete conversion kit inc new (longer) lines & cables.

Whichever you decide to go for in the end it IS worth spending the extra to buy at least a new top yoke - the original one on the 'S' IS NOT designed to have risers attached & may not take the stresses involved !!

Look forward to seeing it when it's complete