SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-10-09, 08:04 PM   #1
monkimagic

Default Road rage Mum

I was following a silver Corsa today who was following a Audi estate, nothing to exciting as they were going along as normal, came to a short over taking spot, I was aware it was coming up and that there was a good gap but decided not to over take as we were doing 60 and I was only out on the SV testing the
REG/REC.

Anyhow a few corners later we come up to a right hand turn and the corsa signals, I cant see what the Audi is doing so move out a little to the right, next thing I see is the Audi stops and the reverse light comes on, the back of the car arches up and the ****er is coming back at the Corsa, the Corsa does the same and I am thankfully now out of the line of fire but move further to right as the corsa passes me it rubs my leg and stops so I am level with the driver but I had to jump off the bike on to the oncoming lane and am left standing there as a white van who sees me ( thankfully) and slows down as he passes.

The woman in the Audi comes stomping up the road and starts screaming at the young lass about been to close…my baby is my priority, don’t drive up my rear end…Yada. Yada…

Well, she got a good rollicking in return and not from the young girl….from me! I ask WTF does she think she is doing reversing up the road and if she does not get back in her car I will call the old Bill. She looked at me and was about to say something when I must of looked like I was going to tear her head off and ran back to her car and drove away.

I have no idea what was going on but while I was behind them the Corsa driver was not up or even close to her car as I could have go in to the space….

Who does that? A middle aged mum?

For the Aberdeen lads....This was on the Southdeeside road at the bridge going over to Culter
monkimagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-09, 08:07 PM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Road rage Mum

I do 35K+ a year on the roads and see this all the time... infact it sounds pretty tame compared to some of the crazy stuff I have seen people get upto.

Starting anything on the road is just not worth it... there is some people who would quite happily drive into your car to get you to stop and then would not think twice about smashing your face in, I have seen it happen.
Old 14-10-09, 08:38 PM   #3
Holdup

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkimagic View Post
my baby is my priority, don’t drive up my rear end…Yada. Yada…
So, ill reverse, quite possibly causing an accident, there really are some numptys out there
Old 14-10-09, 08:43 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Self righteous mums do my head in. I see too many of them everyday on phones in 4x4s driving at me expecting em to allow for the fact their kids are driving them to distraction quite literally.

They seem to think the car is an extension of their front room with DVD players built in and toys all over the place. What ever happended to kids sleeping on car journeys???
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-09, 09:23 PM   #5
thedonal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Self righteous mums do my head in. I see too many of them everyday on phones in 4x4s driving at me expecting em to allow for the fact their kids are driving them to distraction quite literally.

They seem to think the car is an extension of their front room with DVD players built in and toys all over the place. What ever happended to kids sleeping on car journeys???
Too much sugar and e numbers. Kids don't sleep these days and their attention span is comparable to a gnat's.

It keeps the Ritalin sales going though...
Old 15-10-09, 10:04 AM   #6
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Post Natal Stress - she probably left her brains in the dildo drawer!
Old 15-10-09, 12:21 PM   #7
vardypeeps

I'v had a mum with her kid in her Jag indicate left at a mini roundabout (to go up the road where I have come from) only to decide whilst she is turning to go striaght on just as I start pulling out?

Then the crazy lady gives me loads of abuse about how shes got a child in the back etc etc.

It's mental these days, thank yourself lucky you left enough room to move out of the way (well done you, good odservation).
Old 15-10-09, 12:53 PM   #8
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Right so we've moved on from the "all van drivers are aholes" to another group of car drivers

lets be honest here, it's not all mums that drive like that. I've seen all sorts of people do nob headed things like that from men in suits to chavs

Who's going to be next bus drivers? HGV drivers? Disabled drivers etc etc

Last edited by dirtydog; 15-10-09 at 12:56 PM.
dirtydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-09, 12:56 PM   #9
vardypeeps

Very true. Carn't just lable the mum's as bad drivers
End of the day you just have to assume that no one is payinf any attention.
Old 15-10-09, 03:33 PM   #10
CheGuevara

Might be that all moms are not bad drivers, but the parents who stick "Baby-on-board" type signs in their windows and then drive like careless idiots really get me steamed.

Tailgating seems a bit chronic here (the UK) in general though. I usually slow down enough to be equally annoying, or give a quick stab of the brakes -but then I'm driving a Hilux Surf so not all that concerned about getting the worst of being hit from behind by a typical compact car. On the bike I would either slow down or pull off if I felt the driver was acting aggressively.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote