SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-07-08, 10:35 AM   #1
riktherider

Default Ducati 848

why is it so hard to find a price or a finance deal on this bike?? i want to know out of curiosity how much it would cost on finiance. it seems to be a very rare bike. none on ebay, and hard to find somewhere with finance deals. anyone know why??
Old 14-07-08, 10:47 AM   #2
Keith1983

Default Re: Ducati 848

They are hard to find simply because Ducati don't spit them off a production line like the big manufacturers. I would have thought your best bet for getting one on finance would be to approach a dealer. I imagine you'll need a decent deposit though. You could always get a price and go down the personal loan route?
Old 14-07-08, 10:51 AM   #3
riktherider

that was going to be the other question i wanted to ask. would a personal loan be better than ducati/dealers own finiance? im only thinking at the mo,. as im starting a new job soon and need another bike, but would like to know my options before going ahead with anything.
Old 14-07-08, 11:01 AM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by riktherider View Post
why is it so hard to find a price or a finance deal on this bike?? i want to know out of curiosity how much it would cost on finiance. it seems to be a very rare bike. none on ebay, and hard to find somewhere with finance deals. anyone know why??
because ducati don't need finance deals or lowered prices to shift them, and they know it
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08, 11:11 AM   #5
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by riktherider View Post
that was going to be the other question i wanted to ask. would a personal loan be better than ducati/dealers own finiance? im only thinking at the mo,. as im starting a new job soon and need another bike, but would like to know my options before going ahead with anything.
Personall loan is usually a better choice than finance through a dealer unless they are doing a promotional rate like 0%.. The rate will be cheaper and the loan won't be tied to the bike if/when you decide to sell.
Old 14-07-08, 11:35 AM   #6
Dangerous Dave

Go for a personal loan, Ducati dealers aren't well known for good finance deals if they do offer one.

They are only hard to come by at the moment due to it being a new bike, and as mentioned Ducatis production line is slower than others simply because their production line floor space is smaller than most and they can't shift the bikes as quick as the mass produced Japanese alternatives any way.
Old 14-07-08, 08:03 PM   #7
glade

i'm sure i've seen Ducati adverts in Bike mag that list their finance offers...

edit:
Jan 2008 issue inside the front cover there is an 848 but no finance deal...

For reference August 2008 there is a Hypermotard inside the front cover.
?8k cash price, ?800 deposit - 10%, 36 months @ ?162, final payment ?2850 = total payable ?9487 - 9.9% APR

Ducat website 1098 finance offer... http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatiuk/ne...3?newsId=23602

Last edited by glade; 14-07-08 at 08:11 PM.
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-08, 01:59 PM   #8
petevtwin650

I think most dealers are carrying this advert on their front page.

http://www.ducatiwolverhampton.com/events.asp#NEWS53

Cheap enough.
Old 15-07-08, 07:52 PM   #9
SV-net

I deal a lot with Italian companies and checked prices with a dealer over there the price is cheaper here with the poor euro rate right now.

Pay on credit card. Switch balance for a year to 0% and blast the repayments. Yeah.