SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-04-06, 05:02 PM   #1
raymond smith

Default 955i daytona and comfort

i,ve been offered a cracking deal on a pre reg daytona but unable to test ride. have tried the speed 3 and loved the engine but am unsure of the riding position on daytona. i think there is someone who uses this site has one. if so could you pass on any info. cheers
Old 28-04-06, 05:16 PM   #2
Toypop

I don't think anyone could really give you much advice on comfort because it depends on your body shape and dimensions so one persons sofa is another persons bed of nails.

It also depends on whether you are doing really long journeys or lots of town riding on it.

I was fine on my bike for the first ten to twenty miles but after that I had the most severe wrist pain. I would never have noticed that on a 30 min test ride and other people that are a different shape to me and do less riding in traffic report no pain at all.

You get used to it though. Get the bike you really want and don't worry about comfort unless you have a history of medical problems with your back or wrists.
Old 28-04-06, 05:17 PM   #3
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I got an 04 daytona 955i. i find it plenty comfortable enough for me, the seat feels a little hard at first but you get used to it or you can get a gel seat for£70 from triumph. I've also got handlebar risers fitted so cant really say what a standard one is like.

It's a fantastic bike!
Old 28-04-06, 05:29 PM   #4
sharriso74

Buy it buy it buy it. Get them to chuck in a carbon race can as well. No probs with the riding position although pillions tend to get a numb bum after about 5 mins.