SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-12-05, 05:08 PM   #1
rednorvs

Default tomtom rider question

i got a tomtom rider for crimbo and i am having great difficulty finding somewhere to put it.
i have tried putting on the front brake leaver thingy but im having no luck because its a different size.

where have people mounted theirs, if at all cos im getting close to throwing it at the bike and hoping it stays lodged in a convenient position.

thanks guys
Old 28-12-05, 03:40 PM   #2
rpwoodman

I have held off buying one for specifically this reason, so I'd love to know if you find a good solution. Someone else on here mentioned that they'd bought one and had the same problem - think they just used the sticky pad mount (which I don't want to do - just doesn't sound good) in the end.

Someone on here (SVeedyGonzales?) seems to make mounts in his spare time - if you're near him you could always see him and see what he could come up with.

rgds
Old 28-12-05, 03:59 PM   #3
rednorvs

i have mounted it on the square pivot undeneeth the yoke and used 4 of my own screws to attach one piece to another it moves around a little but nothing to worry about and also it hides the clocks slightly but thats the best place i could find without getting the hack saw out. i will try to get some pics on in the future.

tom
Old 28-12-05, 07:44 PM   #4
zx6man

http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/

these have special mounts...may be worth a look
Old 28-12-05, 07:59 PM   #5
SVeeedy Gonzales

Yeah, I've knocked up a few mounts for faired and unfaired bikes for other sat nav units. If you can't find something that you're happy with from Ram-mount or making one up yourself then PM me.

Mine are all stainless steel though, not that cheap plastic and chrome plated stuff
Old 29-12-05, 12:15 PM   #6
Moo

There seams to be a few people having this problem has anyone thought about e-mailing tomtom customer support.
Old 29-12-05, 06:09 PM   #7
Cloggsy

Default Re: tomtom rider question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednorvs
i got a tomtom rider for crimbo and i am having great difficulty finding somewhere to put it.
I'll find somewhere to put it on my machine if you're throwing it away
Old 29-12-05, 08:43 PM   #8
rwoodcock01

Default Re: tomtom rider question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednorvs
I'll find somewhere to put it on my machine if you're throwing it away
Damm you Sir you beat me saying that, ok hand bags at dawn, the winner gets the Tom Tom Rider

Rich
Old 30-12-05, 09:00 AM   #9
Noufy

I have had mine for a few weeks now and was mounted on the front brake lever, no sweat. May be you are not using the correct attachments? Mine is a K4 pointy (the bike not the Tomtom)