SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-08-06, 03:34 AM   #1
kneedragger

Default question for you guys in england

so i just watched the movie green street hooligans. dont know if you guys have it over there, but anyway. . . the movie was about these dudes in england who are in "firms". i guess they are like gangs, and it all seems to revolve around your futbol, or our soccer. the firms all fight and they have a head guy called a major. does stuff like this really exist? i mean, these dudes were just kickin the crap out of each other!! hard to believe its real. just wonderin if someone can let me know if the movie is real or not
Old 05-08-06, 06:05 AM   #2
TC3

Default Re: question for you guys in england

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger
so i just watched the movie green street hooligans. dont know if you guys have it over there, but anyway. . . the movie was about these dudes in england who are in "firms". i guess they are like gangs, and it all seems to revolve around your futbol, or our soccer. the firms all fight and they have a head guy called a major. does stuff like this really exist? i mean, these dudes were just kickin the crap out of each other!! hard to believe its real. just wonderin if someone can let me know if the movie is real or not
The movie is not based on any specific events but yeah football has and is used as an excuse for violence by certain teams of "supporters" but i dont think it is as bad now as it used to be. Good movie though isnt it
Old 05-08-06, 06:30 AM   #3
keithd

you'd be amazed how much it still goes on. a heck of a lot more organised than when it was rife in the 70s and 80s, but its not an underestimation to say 90% of clubs have firms
Old 05-08-06, 09:57 AM   #4
Law

Sounds like another film I watched "Football Factory" about the Chelsea firm. Watched a documentry with an actor from it talking about old and present day firms. Very interesting. Police have stopped a lot of hooliganism now I think, but it'll never be eradicated.
Old 05-08-06, 10:17 AM   #5
SV1000s

Yeah, I agree that it used to happen, it still does happen lots to be honest the media just don't dwell on it, the thought being that it it's not reported then the 'glamour' is taken away from it.

Most of the fights are organised over the net now, they tend to meet at service stations and fields and just 'av a ruck!

As for the film, I've only heard bad things about it, it's got that hobbit bloke in hasn't it?

Get your hands on The Firm, ID and Football factory if you want to see the 'real' deal.
Old 05-08-06, 10:33 AM   #6
Warren

yup it happens,

its a good film by the way though.
Old 05-08-06, 11:55 AM   #7
SpankyHam

Default Re: question for you guys in england

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger
Yeah we don't need guns n **** to kill each other.

Very good film. The hobbit is a bit unrealistic... but ok.
Old 05-08-06, 12:13 PM   #8
rpwoodman

I got it on DVD from Amazon Rental, but it was a dodgy disk - crashed out after the little guy fom Lord of the Rings was taken to the football game. I thought the acting so poor, I didn't ask for a replacement. I was really disappointed.
Old 05-08-06, 12:23 PM   #9
SV1000s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpwoodman
I got it on DVD from Amazon Rental, but it was a dodgy disk - crashed out after the little guy fom Lord of the Rings was taken to the football game. I thought the acting so poor, I didn't ask for a replacement. I was really disappointed.
Yeah, thats what I was told too so never bothered.
Old 05-08-06, 02:12 PM   #10
Razor

The acting is dire. One of the leads pete or whatever his accent is just bloomin' awful!
I expected him to say " 'Ello Mary Poppins!" everytime he opened his mouth.