SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-07-08, 02:38 PM   #1
Ceri JC

Default Nice to see the police prosecuting someone who deserves it...

Just had a letter through from the Staffordshire Police that they are doing someone for DWDC thanks to my witness statement. The chap concerned was driving like a ***k and I wasn't in the least bit surprised when he rear-ended someone. I was on my bike at the time and was well aware that if I'd not been riding IAM style, I'd of probably been in that lane and it'd of been me who was rear-ended at about 40mph. I stopped to help and gave the chap my details and told him I was happy to bear witness.

Nice to see someone who actually drove dangerously (well within the speed limits) busted, rather than just someone opening the throttle up on an empty section of road.
Old 04-07-08, 02:48 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: Nice to see the police prosecuting someone who deserves it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
Just had a letter through from the Staffordshire Police that they are doing someone for DWDC thanks to my witness statement. The chap concerned was driving like a ***k and I wasn't in the least bit surprised when he rear-ended someone. I was on my bike at the time and was well aware that if I'd not been riding IAM style, I'd of probably been in that lane and it'd of been me who was rear-ended at about 40mph. I stopped to help and gave the chap my details and told him I was happy to bear witness.

Nice to see someone who actually drove dangerously (well within the speed limits) busted, rather than just someone opening the throttle up on an empty section of road.
Yeyyy see I work for the BEST force where did this happen ??
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 03:01 PM   #3
simesb

That's excellent news, although you wonder what punishment they may receive.
Old 04-07-08, 03:02 PM   #4
Gene genie

done something similar myself ceri. they were well p*^%$d, hit the back of another car. informed police, an arrest was quickly followed. you need to do more than just complain sometimes. bloody well done ceri.
Old 04-07-08, 04:33 PM   #5
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Yeyyy see I work for the BEST force where did this happen ??
Southbound on the M6 between J11 and 10a. 3 lanes of stopped traffic, I spotted it almost a kilometer back and slowed down gradually (to prevent being rear ended) and moved into the middle lane. This clown actually sped up once I was out of his way and carried on. I thought to begin with he was just impatient and one of those irritating late brakers, but it soon became apparent he wasn't paying attention. He did finally realise his mistake, but much too late and only managed to scrub off about 30mph before impact. Poor chap who was rear ended said he could see it happening in his rear view mirrors, but was boxed in and couldn't go anywhere.

Congratulations to you and your colleagues Shellywoozle!
Old 04-07-08, 08:55 PM   #6
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
Southbound on the M6 between J11 and 10a. 3 lanes of stopped traffic, I spotted it almost a kilometer back and slowed down gradually (to prevent being rear ended) and moved into the middle lane. This clown actually sped up once I was out of his way and carried on. I thought to begin with he was just impatient and one of those irritating late brakers, but it soon became apparent he wasn't paying attention. He did finally realise his mistake, but much too late and only managed to scrub off about 30mph before impact. Poor chap who was rear ended said he could see it happening in his rear view mirrors, but was boxed in and couldn't go anywhere.

Congratulations to you and your colleagues Shellywoozle!
Would have been Staffs CMPG officers I suspect, but good on ya for giving a statement, not enough people do. Most people think a statement isn't enough.

If you witness dangerous driving to the point you think OMG, take the reg number and make a statement, you are most likely not the only one.

I had a boy racer doing doughnuts and racing about outside a nursery at 8am, so many calls came in to report him I did statements from all the callers and had him prosecuted. Bad driving backed up by time of day and area !! Bonus and makes me proud to do the job I do
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote