SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-04-05, 02:22 PM   #1
SV-Sexy-virgin?

Default dog bone

has anybosy got a patern or template etc for the dogbones am i correct in thinking longer dog bones shorter ride higte shorter dog bone taller ride hight

would it be feezable to drill holes in the dog bone in 5 or ten mill increments and put a pin and circlip thou like an adjusting ride hight ??

is this possible i did see some thing about an adjustable ride hight bracket but cant remember where it was much apreciated

Gricey
Old 28-04-05, 02:41 PM   #2
jonacol

I've got standard ones at home, can't remember what the centre to centre distance was, I think it was 105mm. The shorter ones I had from JHS were 98mm which raises it up by about an inch. Have a look on the mercan site for some more info. No it's not feasable to have multiple holes and just move 'em along IMHO, holes are too big. They are easy enough to make really.
Old 28-04-05, 04:01 PM   #3
SV-Sexy-virgin?

thought about that so went n made some my mate owns a blacksmiths so it took all of 20 minuets lol center to ceter distace is 12 cm alot shorter than the ones on my k3 not sure how much this will raise it too but if it aint right ill change them back how unstable does this make the bike is it really bad or not and will it wheely underpower any easier will i need to make any adjustment to the front i e drop the forks through or adjust the dials etc ??

Gricey
Old 02-06-05, 09:50 PM   #4
sprocket

When you say center to center do you mean from the center of the bolt holes or from one end to the other?
Old 02-06-05, 11:20 PM   #5
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

On a K3 the between centres were 145mm, I made a new set with 133mm BC and raised the rear end 2 inches.
here
Hope this helps
Old 02-06-05, 11:23 PM   #6
sprocket

145 mm looks about the same on the K2 im guessing center to center means from one end of it to the other? confusing thought it may mean from the center of one hole to the other :S
Old 02-06-05, 11:24 PM   #7
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket
145 mm looks about the same on the K2 im guessing center to center means from one end of it to the other? confusing thought it may mean from the center of one hole to the other :S
Yes the Between Centres means.. from the centre of one hole to the other hole's Centre.
Old 02-06-05, 11:25 PM   #8
sprocket

Oh right, that means the 02 dogbones shorter then I measured around 142 from end to end
Old 03-06-05, 08:02 AM   #9
Captain Nemo

im in the middle of making some now, just havnt had time to finish them.

you cant make "adjustable" ones with different centre to centre distances, if you look at the dog bones on the bike youll see why.

this is a loadbearing and heavily stressed support, so dont try a pin and circlip this needs a good old nut and bolt.

if anyone want a AutoCAD template pm with an email address and ill send it