SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-11-15, 04:18 PM   #1
madcockney

Default SV650 SK3 Fuel Pump Line Connector

I am trying to remove the fuel tank and have got held up by not being able to get the fuel line connector to disconnect from the pump. Part of the problem was that one of the tabs is virtually in the insulation heat shielding that makes it difficult to reach. (I tried pulling, pushing, depressing the tabs as I had no idea which way they were supposed to go with no affect.) I therefore took out the bolt that the tank swivels on to give me a bit more room. That enabled better access but still no luck. Anybody got any ideas on how to resolve this stupid situation of the quick disconnect that doesn't disconnect?

When I looked at the connector to fuel line it looked as though somebody had removed the pipe in the past by pulling it off the barbed spigot as it was quite close to the end. However I have looked on line at that hose and it appears that one end may be like that. I also noticed that the official part has been replaced with a new part number though I don't know if that is because of issues or due to a slight change for later bikes. I am hoping that that the problem is not the part of the connector that is attached to the pump as I can see that being an issue to replace.
madcockney is offline   Reply With Quote