SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 20-08-08, 10:45 PM   #11
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Massacre Memories

Filtering through Glasgow, its the filtering capitol of the world. I can't believe we got 12 bikes through there. I thought i couldn't squeeze through, until I saw the Pingu's bike in my mirror with all their gear on the sides

Giggling girls in the wigwam

the left hand bend into the oyster stop, and looking down at the speedo me shouting in my helmet
Get in there, mwahahahaha I wouldn't have taken that bend as fast as that usuallly

Leaving the oyster stop and two markers blocking both sides so 50 bikes could fly out of the carpark
Which leads me onto how to get a gaggle of bikes through temp lights....Pete n Lissa block the first car in the line, everyone squash in front 1,2,3, green off we go, Pete n Lissa follow the last bike as the lights change and the poor car driver is still standing at the red light...class

I got air....woooooo

Myself and Appollo sharing my bottom clenching moment with a caravan and an oncoming car.....we both thought It was toooo close

some giant had been playing marbles with the boulders over the moors

I hugged Northwind....a lot
I hugged Kilted Ginger.... a lot

meeting a lady who lives two streets up from me staying at the campsite.....

The mini's on the way back over the Erskine bridge..there wasn't just one or two...it was like the invasion of the minis.....hundreds. I thought I'd got ver ytired and was seeing things..until Mr. UKI pointed it out too!

The dead duck sat on the glass cabinet in the Drovers I'm sure it were going to peck my hands off, it felt and looked sooo real

Pete n Lissa decided to have the Duc at the Drovers on saturday night.....and missed the 10.30 noise curfew...hearing the bike bwooooooaaarghhh as they missed the entrance to the site, and riding back down the valley was amazing......don't think the old couple in the chalet will have been amused by the noise at midnight....tut tut..lol

Did i mention how fast I rode....bloody hell my bikes never seen 110, while I've had it

I now feel warm and fluffy inside

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 20-08-08 at 11:22 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-08, 11:29 PM   #12
independentphoto

The Saturday night in the Drovers then back to the Gazebo .

The video of Stuartyboy in the pub is now on YouTube topped off nicely by Tosher and BlueFlame.

Garry
Old 21-08-08, 12:17 AM   #13
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Naming no names, but "I have to shag that man"
Shortly preceded by "that Quiff's incredibelly GAY, I feel I've really bonded with him"

Sorry Quiff, PM me and say please if you want to know who said it

Northys face when I asked him if he had room in his top box for a little something and held up a 5Kg bag of bbq coals, (Which Daviesv put in his tailpack, I think)

The antipidean barmaid systematically alienating everyone at the rideout

Larry waving like mad in his Glencoe Masacre t-shirt. His arms must have got tired.

Comabtfred's new friend whose busa is just better and faster than freds

The Pingus ariving with a tent bigger than the wigwams, and then being disapointed that they couldnt get the bike across the field to park it inside it.

Sitting by the side of the river at 2am with a gas lamp and bottle of malt until the rain chased us into the gazeebo.

Stewie, who "lost 4 hours" after i gave him a painkiller for his back.

ANd last but definately not least all the cuddles I got from Dizzy,

Great weekend everyone, thanks to you all.
Old 21-08-08, 05:35 AM   #14
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I'm never going to pass by it again without riding it.....I'm never getting slaughtered on a biking weekend again!
Never say never mate.

Och, now you've got me doing it.
Old 21-08-08, 08:03 AM   #15
appollo1
Mega Poster

So many memories for me but the ones that really stand out:

Arriving at the camp site with Jinxy having been rained on for the last hour of our journey wondering if we were at the right place. Hardly any bikes there then OYB and Jimmy wandered over and said hello.

Realising that when I went to put up my tent that i had never had it out the bag and had no idea how to build it (never been camping before) - Carelesschucca to the rescue - cheers mate

Midgies bloomin thousands of them

Diesel Ducati - enough said!!

Bottom clenching moment when Dizzy was in front of me and decided to overtake a caravan and car whilst a mondeo was getting closer and closer - thought the first aid kit was going to have to be used!!!

Kilted Ginger passing a fine bottle of whiskey around and getting told by the bar staff to remove it from the site.

Midgies - again never thought i would be glad to have rain so the midgies went away for a little while

Larry waving on numerous occasions when zooming past

Loading my bike on sunday to leave and it not starting OYB to the rescue - thanks mate

Amazed when i heard just how far some people had travelled just for the weekend - well done southerners

Most of all I will never forget the banter and friendliness of all who attended the weekend, due to the fact that everyone got on so well through a common interest (bikes). Great to finally put faces to names.

Thanks everyone for a very memorable weekend and i look forward to the next one and meeting up with you all again soon.
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-08, 09:37 AM   #16
Quedos

100+ down glencoe and the laughter in my helmet.

the whisky on Friday night! thanks KG

the banter

the decision to drink coffee on both mornings and end up with stinking headache and nausea (i don't drink coffee)

the longing to get my SV back (minus the sore backs)
Old 21-08-08, 09:49 AM   #17
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
The antipidean barmaid systematically alienating everyone at the rideout
Quote:
Originally Posted by appollo1 View Post

Kilted Ginger passing a fine bottle of whiskey around and getting told by the bar staff to remove it from the site.
No fun allowed on this campsite.......especially after 10.30 pm

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-08, 02:25 PM   #18
stewie

Seeing Pete n lissa, Fizz, quiff, the pingu,s, Tilt, weeble, seggons and Rick on the M6 from the A49 bridge in Warrington and attempting to join them, and not catching up with them despite ragging the ar$e off my bike for the next 75 miles

meeting YC, miss YC, Melody, Dizzy, charlie 13 and danielle in Kendal

getting to put a load of names to faces on fri and sat night

becoming aquanted with about 8 billion midgies

my lost 4 hrs

becoming convinced I was going to drop it on the bridge on the way in to to the campsite, and then dropping it in the car park

for some reason, tickling the bears chin everytime I went into the drovers to use the loo

hearing a group of strangers shouting out my name as I was at the bar in the drovers and wondering how the hell they knew me despite wearing a t shirt with my name emblazened across the front and back

filtering through Glasgow

Getting the 'salute' as rode past the drovers on the way home

nearly dropping the bike again after slipping on diesel at Southwaite and being rescued by quiff, thanks mate

But mostly, it was just nice to be made so welcome by a bunch of new mates, roll on 2009, and a lowered seat, lowered bike , built up boots etc...

Last edited by stewie; 21-08-08 at 03:35 PM.
Old 21-08-08, 03:13 PM   #19
Sean_C

Note to self: don't be a daft pr*ck and crash, so I can go on some proper rideouts sounds like you all had an amazing time
Old 21-08-08, 04:56 PM   #20
haggis

Oh wow, it all comes flooding back reading some of these.

Riding south on Friday night after waiting what seemed an hour for a chippie at Ft William. I'm gonna be sooooo late!

Seeing the sign and white A4 sheet for...
Bein Glas
Campsite
gro.056VS
...in the pishing rain. "Yeay, i'm here!" - then immediately dropping the bike on the bridge of shame. Goodbye to my mirror, hello neck strain.

Waking up a hundred times in one night. Too sober to sleep well in that tent.

The weather forecast versus reality!!!!!

How Yorkies bike sounded the first time he blasted past, quite sick. This was not to improve!

Getting to loch fyne, to hear we've had two incidents already.

Doing the kinlochleven loop, then thinking if i hadn't had lunch i could have done it twice!

The Duke's Pass - Arriving at Aberfoyle after first assault, punching the air with delight.

The Drovers, making first eye contact with the bear. Yikes!!!

A wee sociable drinky by the stream beyond the camp with northy and dean.... i think......

The mental Sunday ride , then a goodbye honk of horns at Dunkeld.

The whole weekend was amazing, thanks to everyone. Yer a cracking bunch of folk.