SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-05-08, 03:42 PM   #1
G
Mega Poster

Default Saw an RC8 today.

Was having a nice long ride bimbling along the A157 with my girlfriend on the back and saw something behind coming up behind me. Twas a KTM RC8, now I alwats thought they looked a bit dodgy in press photos etc but WOW in the flesh they are stunning, alot quicker than an SV two up aswell lol

When did they even come out ?
Old 10-05-08, 03:55 PM   #2
malks

Default Re: Saw an RC8 today.

went to a ktm dealer to have a look at one as i thought it was the coolest bike ever and it does look amazing. however seing it in the flesh brought up 2 huge problems for me. the tank and front mudguard look like they have been made out of cheap bright orange wheelie bin plastic! the orange sprayed paint work is amazing in a candy/pearlescent orange, then they just seem to have stuck big horrible crappy plastic bits on it, not what i expected from such an expensive amazing looking bike. and then they also went and stuck 2 stupid black plastic blobs on the side of the tank! i have no idea what these do. but it did make me think i'd rather have a duke 848 or 1098!!
Old 10-05-08, 04:09 PM   #3
Sean_C

One turned up when a bunch of us were at midland superbikes. Very very nice bike, sounded lovely too
Old 10-05-08, 04:20 PM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

apparently there's one on the island, a guy on the KTM forum, once i get the bike swapping out of the way i'll have to go have a drool
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 05:51 PM   #5
StuOwen86

There were 2 at the Stormy Petrel on Thursday night, I think they look awsome and sound pretty nice being a V Twin.

Stu
Old 10-05-08, 07:19 PM   #6
zunkus

A friend of mine does a TV program on cars and motorbikes called PaqPaq for local TV (Malta) and said he might get to ride one to review it. There's only one at the KTM showroom and am a bit sceptical that he'll get it but if he does I'm promised a ride. He kepps his word as today in fact I rode the K1 Firestorm, K4 Fireblade and K7 Fireblade all afternoon to review them. It was a blast! I really enjoyed the K4. It was like I always rode it and these where my first rides on thous today. The power and braking are mind blowing on the Fireblades, not so great on the Firestorm which did have the best sounding engine at full blat though
Old 10-05-08, 07:25 PM   #7
PAPPACLART

I saw one in Angel, london, the guy was a dealer owner. He said it was great but jumped out of gear all of the time
Old 10-05-08, 07:31 PM   #8
Lozzo

There was one at a trackday at Rockingham last Monday, it was the fastest bike out in fast group, but in fairness it was being piloted by the 2002 Bemsee/MRO Powerbikes champion.

Stunning loooking bike, but I don't think it's going to do much in BSB or WSB, just not quite enough power.
Old 10-05-08, 07:33 PM   #9
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPPACLART View Post
I saw one in Angel, london, the guy was a dealer owner. He said it was great but jumped out of gear all of the time
if it was fairly new, according to the word on the ktm forum, the gearboxes have a tendency to be tight out of the crate, they loosen up and get better to shift as they get some miles on them, apparently
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 08:54 PM   #10
ocr_sv

Quote:
Originally Posted by malks View Post
.......not what i expected from such an expensive amazing looking bike. ............but it did make me think i'd rather have a duke 848 or 1098!!
how much are they, i aint seen any prices anywhere for them

and i'll second that on the 1098