SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-10-07, 10:19 PM   #1
Tiger 55

Default God Bless Australia!

So here we are in Maryborough, Victoria, your actual small town Oz and Tiger Jr (3) takes not well. WHOOSH! Into hospital, no drunks in casualty, triage nurse, doctor, private room, 10 minutes the whole thing. Brilliant. Then they wheel in a bed so I can stay with him, "Medicare is it?", "Um, no, I'm on holiday" and so a nurse appears with the dreaded forms...

So I had to sign to say that I was a UK citizen and that all medical treatment would therefore be free of charge! Like I say, God Bless bloody Australia.

Anyway, Jr is fine now - virus compounded by jet lag they said - and so we're after something to do this weekend. Is there anything on in the Melbourne area on Saturday or Sunday that anyone can recommend? I hear there's a penguin colony on someplace called Phillip Island. Anyone the wiser...
Old 11-10-07, 10:30 PM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: God Bless Australia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Anyway, Jr is fine now - virus compounded by jet lag they said - and so we're after something to do this weekend. Is there anything on in the Melbourne area on Saturday or Sunday that anyone can recommend? I hear there's a penguin colony on someplace called Phillip Island. Anyone the wiser...
Get some pics if you do go please mate, it is supposed to be fanforkingdabbidosey up there!
Old 11-10-07, 11:14 PM   #3
Demonz

Default Re: God Bless Australia!

Thats how it should be... you'll be wanting to imigrate next.

Philip Island is a good idea - kids like the penguins walking up the beach - maybe some racing on at the track too?? Otherwise head the otherway around the Great Ocean Rd past Bells Beach and to the 12 Apostles. Nice scenery but a weekend drive.