SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-08-22, 07:18 PM   #3041
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,261
Default Re: The All New Megathread

That sounds like something of an ordeal Trevor!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-22, 07:20 PM   #3042
Sir Trev
Member
Mega Poster
 
Sir Trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: High Wycombe, where the chair factories used to be
Posts: 1,379
Default Re: The All New Megathread

I've decided never to bother taking anything more than supermarket plonk to my folks in future. Nobody said anything about the nice French reds I took up, although they were all polished off. And the (admittedly not that expensive) vintage champagne was just swigged down without comment - all three bottles of it. It was for a toast for the birthday girl, which my cousin jumped in and did while I was still pouring the last couple of glasses... I could have strangled her!

My parents spent all weekend fawning over our daughter and her boyfriend, who they met for the first time that weekend. He's "something in computers" so they got him to wipe their old laptop back to factory (saved me doing it) so he's flavour of the month. All the help I've given over the last decade or more has just been ignored.

It's amazing how tactless and irritating old people can be!
__________________
We are the Goon Squad and we're coming to town, BEEP BEEP!
Sir Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-22, 08:07 PM   #3043
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,261
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post

It's amazing how tactless and irritating old people can be!
Absolutely. Oh....hang on....I'm one of them there old people!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-22, 08:45 PM   #3044
Bibio
Member
Mega Poster
 
Bibio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: here as devil's advocate
Posts: 11,480
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
All the help I've given over the last decade or more has just been ignored.

It's amazing how tactless and irritating people can be!
yup... been there done that. i have now washed my hands of ALL of them. bank of Bibs is now closed.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 11:37 AM   #3045
svenrico
Member
 
svenrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 373
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I've decided never to bother taking anything more than supermarket plonk to my folks in future. Nobody said anything about the nice French reds I took up, although they were all polished off. And the (admittedly not that expensive) vintage champagne was just swigged down without comment - all three bottles of it. It was for a toast for the birthday girl, which my cousin jumped in and did while I was still pouring the last couple of glasses... I could have strangled her!

My parents spent all weekend fawning over our daughter and her boyfriend, who they met for the first time that weekend. He's "something in computers" so they got him to wipe their old laptop back to factory (saved me doing it) so he's flavour of the month. All the help I've given over the last decade or more has just been ignored.

It's amazing how tactless and irritating old people can be!
Well at least they are still around to get annoyed with
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 02:34 PM   #3046
redtrummy
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: N W Leicestershire
Posts: 179
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Yea I could offer some of my own made stuff -that would make their eyes water! (But some of it is very nice, but that's ours)
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 07:17 PM   #3047
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,261
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Evening org.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 06:48 PM   #3048
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,261
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Evening all.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-22, 04:26 PM   #3049
admin
John T
Mega Poster
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Shrewsbury, Shrops, UK
Posts: 2,286
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Why do I have a mental image of a policeman when you say that. #dixon
__________________
Admin for this forum and the main site. John@sv650.org
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-22, 05:29 PM   #3050
Sir Trev
Member
Mega Poster
 
Sir Trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: High Wycombe, where the chair factories used to be
Posts: 1,379
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Why do I have a mental image of a policeman when you say that. #dixon
Snigger. I always preferred inspector Reagan. SHUT IT! I also really liked the bronze Consul GT they drove in the first two series. Such a shame they swapped to a mk2 silver Granada in series 3 (only the top spec mk1 models were called Granada, something Ford dropped when the mk2 came out and they were all named Granada).
__________________
We are the Goon Squad and we're coming to town, BEEP BEEP!
Sir Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP Andrew Reeder (Reeder) alextg East Anglian Revolution 15 01-06-14 07:57 PM
Sad News RIP Reeder dizzyblonde Idle Banter 265 31-05-14 09:18 PM
fao: Reeder... speedplay Idle Banter 60 23-03-12 12:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.