SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-09-22, 07:35 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default A proper haven

What a haven this place is from the bonkers crap currently engulfing GB.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 07:45 AM   #2
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: A proper haven

Indeed. Recent events are obviously history in the making, mark the passing of an era, and are sad for the family.

But does all that mean anything to me? Do I have any emotional connections to the person or family? Nope.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 10:18 AM   #3
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Just cycled into town to pick up my dry cleaning thinking, roads are very quiet... Oh yeah, everyone's watching the pomp and ceremony going on at St James's Palace. I rather like all the formality and nods to history but it's always spoiled by endless talking heads, with desperately tenuous links to what's going on, droning on and on and a presenter trying (usually failing) to sound as solemn and dignified as a Dimbleby. Perhaps I'll watch the highlights later on.
Old 10-09-22, 01:09 PM   #4
GeorgeRYoung

It was having to meet with Boris Johnson that did her in.
Old 10-09-22, 07:47 PM   #5
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Just cycled into town to pick up my dry cleaning thinking, roads are very quiet... Oh yeah, everyone's watching the pomp and ceremony going on at St James's Palace. I rather like all the formality and nods to history but it's always spoiled by endless talking heads, with desperately tenuous links to what's going on, droning on and on and a presenter trying (usually failing) to sound as solemn and dignified as a Dimbleby. Perhaps I'll watch the highlights later on.
I agree, the coverage is over the top. On Thursday bbc1,bbc2 and bbcnews all had the same feed. Bbc3 and bbc4 were suspended.

I'm not a royalist but I do have respect for the Queen. It's a pity some of our politicians don't have the same integrity.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-22, 09:29 PM   #6
yokohama

I've tried to avoid the coverage as much as possible but out of a historical/ceremonial interest I watched the proclamation this morning. Did anyone else notice that Chazza looked somewhat frail and doddery wandering around on the platform? That plus the fact that in both of his speeches so far he's referred to 'the remaining time God grants him' gives me the impression that it might not be too long before we have to go through all this again.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 10:15 PM   #7
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

He's no spring chicken. At every opportunity Mrs Rod says he's going to abdicate. Maybe she's got a few quid on a Ladbrokes. I'm no royalist but Brenda was a fixture and was not a bad person at all, the whole gushing nonsense of Diana buying the farm was, though, just ridiculous.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote