SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-05-09, 05:15 PM   #1
gavinsky23

Default Clip on Questions

Hi

Tried a search but couldn't find what I was after.

I've just traded in my curvy SV for a SV1000s which has renthal bars fitted. I know this is a common mod for many SV's but apparently these came from the factory on this (it's an '07 bike). Anyway, I'm not too keen on the bars and reckon I preferred the position with the clip ons on my curvy.

Just wondering what is required to change to clip ons, would I just require clip ons and a new top yoke as I presume the top yoke fitted will have holes in it when I remove the bars and is it an easy job?

Also are the clip ons from the thou the same as the 650?
Old 29-05-09, 09:37 PM   #2
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Re: Clip on Questions

Clipons from the 650 won't fit.

I think you'd need both the Top and Bottom yoke....the offset(yokes) appears to be different between the faired and the naked SV1000. Well certainly different when I compared a naked K4 yoke to a faired K3 yoke.

You also have to think about mounting the clocks on the faired yoke.

All that said, you might actually be able to use one of those raised clipons that Banditmania sell. It just depends if they would clear the sides of the Naked top yoke(different desing). The OE clipon won't.

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-09, 09:50 PM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Hang on!!

I've just read you post again. Hmmmm, I'm damn sure the SV1000S never came with Renthal bars from the factory. Someone(dealer) is taling Bollix, if you have indded bought an 'S' with Renthal bars.

Sure , previous owner might have changed the clipons to Renthals but but to say , it was factory fitted is untrue.

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-09, 10:54 PM   #4
zsv650

the sv classic came with renthals oem if thats your bike.
Old 30-05-09, 08:06 AM   #5
gavinsky23

My bike isn't a classic, but is an '07 s which I believe is one of the very last faired versions. I was a bit dubious when I was told this too but the guy said that they fitted the classic bars to the last faired versions?