SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-04-06, 10:41 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default crazy

The Mem Sahib and I took a stroll down to the nearest licenced premises this evening. A social club that we have not frequented for about 4 years on account that it was poo but this evening we had over indulged in Jalfrezi and incapable of walking more than was necassary for a refreshing glass of lemonade.

As we walked in, the lady behind the bar was taking a lid out of a box and trying it on. So with the option of talking to the wife or landlady, I chose the latter and established that she takes her DAS tomorrow. She did her CBT on Monday and is enrolled on a one week course.

What has she waiting in the garage. a CBR600RR. I just cannot understand how anyone could let her come off her school GS500 tomorrow lunchtime and assuming she passes allow her to go straight out on the CBR.

Since she only lives about 300yds from me I have given her my number and told her I am at home all day tomorrow. If she passes I am there to ride with her until she gets the feel of the bike.

Daft, this is a mature woman not a kid.
Old 27-04-06, 10:43 PM   #2
amarko5

Default Re: crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
The Mem Sahib and I took a stroll down to the nearest licenced premises this evening. A social club that we have not frequented for about 4 years on account that it was poo but this evening we had over indulged in Jalfrezi and incapable of walking more than was necassary for a refreshing glass of lemonade.

As we walked in, the lady behind the bar was taking a lid out of a box and trying it on. So with the option of talking to the wife or landlady, I chose the latter and established that she takes her DAS tomorrow. She did her CBT on Monday and is enrolled on a one week course.

What has she waiting in the garage. a CBR600RR. I just cannot understand how anyone could let her come off her school GS500 tomorrow lunchtime and assuming she passes allow her to go straight out on the CBR.

Since she only lives about 300yds from me I have given her my number and told her I am at home all day tomorrow. If she passes I am there to ride with her until she gets the feel of the bike.

Daft, this is a mature woman not a kid.
"mmhhh" Tim is the mem sahib aware of the telephone number exchange :P
Old 27-04-06, 10:47 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

Of course, I am nothing, if not courteous. I explained to my lady wife that I thought that this young lady would benefit from my experience and if she would allow me to take her in hand I was sure I could give her a few pointers.
Old 27-04-06, 10:49 PM   #4
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
Of course, I am nothing, if not courteous. I explained to my lady wife that I thought that this young lady would benefit from my experience and if she would allow me to take her in hand I was sure I could give her a few pointers.
confucious says : woman who sits on male jockeys knee , gets red hot tip :P
Old 27-04-06, 10:52 PM   #5
timwilky
Mega Poster

Wife says. "Exactly how much is half our house worth" and "what is your pension entitlement to date".