SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-11-21, 05:57 PM   #2541
SV650rules
Member
Mega Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Shropshire UK
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
a long time ago i used to have mud and snow tyres on the car and caravan but you were restricted to 70mph or something like that. they were great for getting out muddy fields.

Modern M&S tyres don't have the huge tread pattern like something the army would use ( all terrain tyres ) - they are no noisier than summer tyres. AFAIK speed ratings for modern winter tyres are pretty much the same as summers.
__________________
2016 SV650 AL7

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 06:12 PM   #2542
Adam Ef
Member
Mega Poster
 
Adam Ef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,145
Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Hooked up the auxialliary lights on the DRZ. Bit of a faff running all wiring and soldering in from a switched live to the relay, then trying to fit it all tucked away in limited space. Got a feeling they're going to be too bright though and they have a flashing setting I wasn't aware of every third time they're turned on. Bit odd and not something I wanted, but they're fitted now.
__________________
>>> Street Triple 765rs , DRZ400s , VFR800 A8 <<<
Past:
ZX6R 636 2006, CRF250L, GSXR750 K7, VFR800 A7, GSXR750 L3, Street Triple 675R, MT09 Tracer, SV650s K8, CB250rsd, YBR125...
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 06:47 PM   #2543
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,085
Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Hooked up the auxialliary lights on the DRZ. Bit of a faff running all wiring and soldering in from a switched live to the relay, then trying to fit it all tucked away in limited space. Got a feeling they're going to be too bright though and they have a flashing setting I wasn't aware of every third time they're turned on. Bit odd and not something I wanted, but they're fitted now.
Sounds like it could be entertaining Adam, careering down wet muddy lanes in the dark with a strobe light by which to see your way!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 07:55 PM   #2544
Adam Ef
Member
Mega Poster
 
Adam Ef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,145
Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Sounds like it could be entertaining Adam, careering down wet muddy lanes in the dark with a strobe light by which to see your way!

Yep. Next job is to fit the soundsystem so I can blare out hectic techno to go with the lighting
__________________
>>> Street Triple 765rs , DRZ400s , VFR800 A8 <<<
Past:
ZX6R 636 2006, CRF250L, GSXR750 K7, VFR800 A7, GSXR750 L3, Street Triple 675R, MT09 Tracer, SV650s K8, CB250rsd, YBR125...
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 08:02 PM   #2545
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,085
Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Yep. Next job is to fit the soundsystem so I can blare out hectic techno to go with the lighting
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Been got already today.. 454697819 Idle Banter 16 01-04-10 02:08 PM
Today DaveP The Border Patrol 4 02-03-10 10:52 AM
Going out today? tj2 The Border Patrol 1 01-06-09 09:22 PM
Today Tara Guildford Massive 14 02-06-08 11:56 AM
Today...... Caddy2000 Idle Banter 15 19-04-06 05:39 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.