SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-12-21, 06:13 PM   #10281
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post

My GotD is BlackCircles.

I'll never even attempt to use them again after the run around and incompetence I experienced with them recently.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 06:24 PM   #10282
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

My last two experiences with them were fine so no idea why it's gone so downhill.
Old 06-12-21, 09:02 AM   #10283
Seeker
Mega Poster

The "Paterson" doctrine. If the rules are against you try and change them.

BoZo wants the power for ministers to override judicial reviews. Our judicial system is supposed to be independent of politics.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1970385.html
________

I emailed my MP about BoZo's idea of removing passports/driving licences from drug users. I bemoaned the fact that after 50 years of punishing users and failing maybe it was time to try a different approach. I also speculated how much cocaine was consumed in Parliament. Two hours later the reports came out that the police have been asked to investigate cocaine use in Parliament. Maybe I'm prescient?
Old 06-12-21, 09:58 AM   #10284
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I bemoaned the fact that after 50 years of punishing users and failing maybe it was time to try a different approach. I also speculated how much cocaine was consumed in Parliament. Two hours later the reports came out that the police have been asked to investigate cocaine use in Parliament. Maybe I'm prescient?
for once i agree. just think of the revenue that the Gov would make if it were regulated.

but i also agree if your going to be an opiate user then you should have your licence revoked.

charlie is everywhere. it fuels the UK.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 10:12 AM   #10285
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:

BoZo wants the power for ministers to override judicial reviews. Our judicial system is supposed to be independent of politics.
________

I emailed my MP about BoZo's idea of removing passports/driving licences from drug users. I bemoaned the fact that after 50 years of punishing users and failing maybe it was time to try a different approach. I also speculated how much cocaine was consumed in Parliament. Two hours later the reports came out that the police have been asked to investigate cocaine use in Parliament. Maybe I'm prescient?

The politicians are high on something in addition to power.. You need to be careful about taking away peoples passports as a passport is a basic right of a citizen of a country, and taking away peoples driving licences does not stop many people driving... it just mean they will be uninsured, which is bad news if you are involved in a prang with them.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 11:28 AM   #10286
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Anyone know how to actually contact anyone that's not a chat loop robot on their site or and automated loop that hangs up on you after reading out the status of a parcel that hasn't moved for a week, that you can read yourself on their site anyway?

Finally got through to someone today. 3 weeks later.
I've been sent a claim form. Now to wait up to 28 days for a reply with their decision.

It's been at the receivers local depot for two weeks apparently and they've finally admitted they can't find it. After marking it as over sized and needing a special courier, then saying certain oversize couriers only work weekends... and a load of other lies. It's a normal size cardboard box! Or was.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 04:18 PM   #10287
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Finally got through to someone today. 3 weeks later.
I've been sent a claim form. Now to wait up to 28 days for a reply with their decision.

It's been at the receivers local depot for two weeks apparently and they've finally admitted they can't find it. After marking it as over sized and needing a special courier, then saying certain oversize couriers only work weekends... and a load of other lies. It's a normal size cardboard box! Or was.
The lying and general dishonesty infecting so much of industry and management is absolutely bang out of order. While there will always be a few people trying to capitalise on c0ckups and mistakes, I'm sure most folks would be much more sympathetic if the people responsible just held up their hands and said, "Sorry, we got it wrong, we'll try and do better".
Still, profit is king so b0ll0cks to honesty.

Last edited by garynortheast; 06-12-21 at 06:22 PM.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 05:22 PM   #10288
svenrico

Quote:

________
Exactly, this is just typical of this government.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 05:23 PM   #10289
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
The lying and general dishonesty infecting so much of industry and management is absolutely bang out of order. While there will always be a few people trying to capitalise on c0ckups and mistakes, I'm sure most folks would be much more sympathetic if the people responsible just held up there hands and said, "Sorry, we got it wrong, we'll try and do better".
Still, profit is king so b0ll0cks to honesty.
Yes, the exception has become the norm.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 02:21 PM   #10290
MrMessy

Not vaccinating vulnerable patients in Hospital. Recently 2 elderly neighbours (9 where admitted to hospital. I was due to take them for their booster jabs, so asked if they could have them in Hospital. No sir, even though there is a staff vaccination hub on site!
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote