SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-01-13, 07:48 PM   #1
sputnik

Default Anyone tried Pirelli Angel GTs?

As the title says, anyone tried em? A new dual compound (i think) job from Pirelli. Possibly getting a rear one fitted on friday to replace my Angel ST which has unbelievably done 11,000 miles - wtf! It still isn't even down to the wear indicators but has the profile of a rubik's cube after much motorway mileage and the tramlining is getting a bit ott. New one claims to be good for 15% more mileage than the ST - can it be so?
Old 29-01-13, 08:08 PM   #2
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone tried pirelli angel GTs?

its new so fit a set and report back in 10k
Old 29-01-13, 08:37 PM   #3
sputnik

What? Been out for about a month now. Someone must have razzed their way through a set by now

Failing that, call me Mr Guinea Pig and I'll report back in 13k!
Old 29-01-13, 09:29 PM   #4
NTECUK
Mega Poster

11,000 miles on the old styles I bet they will get the same again !!
. Don't think a company like Mr P is going to mess up do we.
Go on jump in
Old 24-04-13, 10:11 PM   #5
dyzio
Mega Poster

http://www.visordown.com/product-fea...iew/22626.html

Other reviews I've read say more or less the same...

Anyone had these fitted?
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-13, 10:32 PM   #6
sputnik

Would like to be able to say I'm loving the rear one I had fitted... except the spazwits at the local garage where it was booked in to have it fitted decided to stick on another Angel ST. And I didn't even look for a day or two by which time I figured it was a bit late to do much about it.

That said, I quite like the STs, not necessarily jawdroppingly amazing but just good reassuring all rounders. Over 10k on the rear which still had tread but was getting really square. Just changed the front one after 12.5k, again still had tread but was squared and very cupped - must post a photo of my wibbly wobbly profile!

I've never had mileage like that before - lots of daily motorway riding- I dunno how you'd describe my riding style but I don't think I am either a dawdling granny or a nut job. If the GTs are genuinely grippier and longer lasting then they have to be pretty impressive. Maybe I'll find out next tyre change!
Old 25-04-13, 06:09 AM   #7
dyzio
Mega Poster

I know the ST a bit, I was wondering how the new one performs with durability (ST's liked to square off with a heavy bike - duh!) and wet weather performance.

Funnily, the review say that due to the dual compound now they've improved in these two areas.

Didn't they say the same about the Storm 2's? :/
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-13, 09:37 AM   #8
sputnik

Default Re: Anyone tried Pirelli Angel GTs?

Amusing to note that the sales spiel when I first got the STs was that they were great because they avoided all those nasty problems encountered with dual compound tyres - ridges of wear etc and instead they gave some cobblers about progressive banding or some such nonsense.

Now the GTs are out, they are claimed to be much better than the STs because of..., you guessed it, dual compound!