SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-08, 11:51 PM   #1
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Datatool System 4 Red

Right ive got an alarm which ive worked out what all the wires are bar one.

One of the external trigger wires, its got a white & red band on it.

Ive worked out the following wires:
Green/Red is UNKNOWN
Green Tag is Trigger 2
Green/Yellow Tag is External Pager/Siren +12 on alarm active.
Two wires for Trigger 1
Two wires for L/R indicators
Two ground wires
One switched live
One perm live
Two wires for LED
Two wires for Relay 1
Two wires for Relay 2

Ive also pinned out all the connections to the connector block which (if datatool dont have diffrent pinnouts) can be used to work our what wires do what if you dont have tagged wires.

Does anyone know the code to get into the service menu, i want to change some options.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-08, 11:56 PM   #2
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Datatool System 4 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Does anyone know the code to get into the service menu, i want to change some options.
Have a look on the Datatool website, there are a few PDF fiiles on there.
Old 19-12-08, 12:17 AM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Have a look on the Datatool website, there are a few PDF fiiles on there.
Done all that, its not the normal Service menu, there is a special Dealer section that needs a pin code to access it, but it does not tell you how to access it or setup.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Old 19-12-08, 12:57 AM   #4
Ruffy

Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Unless you're one of the few who believes that alarms are the greatest theft deterrent, fitting it to your bike isn't worth diddly unless you have an official installation certificate. You won't get any insurance discount.

My advice if you want an alarm: By a cheap DIY (eg. solalarm), wire in a hidden keyswitch to the ignition circuit and get a hefty physical security chain.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-08, 01:07 AM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Unless you're one of the few who believes that alarms are the greatest theft deterrent, fitting it to your bike isn't worth diddly unless you have an official installation certificate. You won't get any insurance discount.

My advice if you want an alarm: By a cheap DIY (eg. solalarm), wire in a hidden keyswitch to the ignition circuit and get a hefty physical security chain.
Yeh, i know thats why the alarm cost me very little, i know i have traced all the wires i want and need, im just wandering what the other wire is.

I dont want it for insurance, its just for when its ouside my house in my front garden, when its at work or im at a freinds house, its a deterrent thats all, if they want my bike then they will have it whatever i do.

personaly i trust thoes cheep alarms way less than the datatool/acumen/meta etc, last thing i want is a relay to fail and cut the bike out when im mid corner, ofcourse it could happen with all the other makes but its never happened to me and my 3xDatatools, and i dont entertain the idea that every eletrical problem on a bike is related to a Datatool alarm or XYZ alarm, its far and few between and usualy you can trace it back to bad wiring or week battery.

Old 19-12-08, 11:49 AM   #6
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

right ive found info on how to access the dealer setup

Quote:
hopefully you will all know how to get to switch 3 ?.....

this is taken from the training manual

to select switch 3.
press both buttons of the remote (3 fast beeps will be heard)
press the grey button (a beep will be heard)
press both buttons (a beep will be heard)
press the black button (a lower tone beep will be heard)

you are now in engineering software area. the process of moving through it, selecting the software switch and changing the settings is basically the same as above with each software switch being indicated by the number of lower tone beeps heard.

enter the required switch by pressing both button of the remote

once the desired adjustment is made press both buttons of the remote to confirm..

please note you can move up and down the switches by pressing grey to move to a higher number and black down to a lower number

once finished you can exit by switching of the ignition

Hope this helps...

Old 19-12-08, 10:05 PM   #7
muffles

I have an S4 with manual it has that in it, I'm pretty sure. Let me know if that doesn't resolve things. Might have useful info for you. I had to change something on mine as I don't like the factory setup, think it was in that. Something about the way it beeps or flashes or something when you arm it.
Old 19-12-08, 10:08 PM   #8
muffles

Just checked the Datatool web site and I was accessing a customer function still, just still required the PIN. Haven't checked my paper manual but again...can look if needed and see what it's got.
Old 19-12-08, 11:21 PM   #9
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Just checked the Datatool web site and I was accessing a customer function still, just still required the PIN. Haven't checked my paper manual but again...can look if needed and see what it's got.
The manual only shows you the options that can be accessed by the dealer it does not tell you how to access them. Anyway i know how to do it now

The only options that the customer can access normaly is the siren tone and if the alarm activates passive or active.

If you have a wiring diagram, that would be helpfull, i know what all the wires are apart from one which does not seem to matter much, i also know the pinout of the alarm so i can mark up alarms that have been stripped from looms without premarking.

Old 20-12-08, 10:35 AM   #10
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
The manual only shows you the options that can be accessed by the dealer it does not tell you how to access them. Anyway i know how to do it now

The only options that the customer can access normaly is the siren tone and if the alarm activates passive or active.

If you have a wiring diagram, that would be helpfull, i know what all the wires are apart from one which does not seem to matter much, i also know the pinout of the alarm so i can mark up alarms that have been stripped from looms without premarking.
Yeah in my manual all I can see is a section about accessing dealer mode (but not the buttons to access it) and then what options are in dealer mode (e.g. adjusting sensitivity of the sensors). I might utilise the guide you've found as I wouldn't mind playing with some of those

I think I was thinking about my old GSX-R600K7 that got stolen...that had an S4 too, but I think the installer might have just chucked me all the documents that came with it! Come to think of it, I might have that somewhere still, I'll have a look later today, but don't bank on it!

p.s. no wiring diagram as yet