SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-04-08, 05:50 AM   #1
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Transformation.

Thought I'd share this, the minds eye view of something we all take for granted.

Silent and still, inanimate and cold, the collection of parts sits waiting.

One person dressed for a purpose, a marvel of modern body protection from head to foot, throws a leg over the dormant machine.

A remote is pressed, responded by a single beep and the four indicators flash once to confirm it?s defenses are down, so starts the transformation.

In with the key, the colour of readiness shows forth from below the clock ahead, sliding the choke back, tightening of the left hand over the lever, before the right thumb depresses the red button.

The starter kicks, followed almost instantly by the engines roar, the rush of revs, ease off the choke and rhythm is established, power waiting the coming command.

A weight, ponderous and heavy is levered to an upright position, a flick of the heel sends the stand away to it?s place for motion, balance, a foot either side maintains it, a gentle twist and release and the revs climb and fall in accord, all?s ready.

Canting the machine to the right the left leg is drawn up, the foot place on it?s rest, once again the hand tightens on the lever pulling it back partway to the bar, pressure is applied and a mechanical engagement is reassuringly felt below the left foot accompanied by the winking out of the green light on the display.

Whilst holding the pressure of the lever the thumb flicks a switch, a flashing amber light ahead confirms the action, all round observation assures the coast is clear, synchronicity, mind, muscle & machine, the forward motion lifts the right foot away from the ground and it?s placed on the rest.

Transformation complete, the adventure begins???

It's been a long time since I did one of these.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-08, 05:54 AM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Transformation.

That's really good!

Sums it up perfectly I think

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-08, 06:06 AM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

It's all to easy to forget the simple pleasures, just my way of reminding folks.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-08, 06:17 AM   #4
Demonz

I feel a good day brewing
Old 15-04-08, 09:49 AM   #5
svpilot

Amen brother! They are fantastic machines

I remember smiling to myself when noticing the clean shiny patch on on my cruddy boots from the gear selector. It's the little things.

(Boots in loft, bike in SV heaven... I will be back one day)