SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-09-06, 10:50 AM   #1
monkeyboy

Default Popping back throught the exhaust

PLEASE HELP......Right, my bike was running ok, I gave it a service as it was due for one then took it out for a run down to Brighton, all was well untill i took it to work in heavy rain. It ran fine on the way to work but seemed to stutter and at times run on one cylinder at times on the way home. I stripped the bike down and found water on the front spark plug, i cleaned this and it ran fine again. Then once again it started to miss-fire so i stripped her down again but this time found the choke cable on the rear carb was siezed, i replace this and now i have a problem with popping back through the exhaust, i have adjusted the throtle position sensor to the correct tolorances and this has reduced the popping back but every now and the it pops back but does this mainly when ticking over, the strange thing is the bike still starts on the button with no problem..........Has anyone got any ideas on what can be causeing this......new plugs and tested the coils and leads........PLEASE HELP AS MY BABY IS SICK.
Steve
Old 25-09-06, 03:36 PM   #2
Stumorrison

If the bike was running ok before you freed up the choke cable, maybe the carbs had previously been adjusted without the choke being fully closed. A fender extender will help protect the front plug. my bike pops in the overrun and occaisionally on tickover, but this is because of a bad seal in the exhaust, I can see fumes escaping when the bike is ticking over.
hope this helps.
Old 25-09-06, 04:54 PM   #3
Torn-Thorax

I am having the same exact problem right now. My carbs are sprawled out on my kitchen table and i dont know what to do. My rear choke plunger was so rusted up that the spring had broken apart. I replaced the spring and now have the same symptoms as you when I put the carbs back on.
How do you adjust the throttle sensor?