SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-09-10, 09:42 AM   #1
Al_Sweetman

Default Front brake reservoir - alternatives?

Hi guys,

Done a quick search on the forum, and can find lots of people in the same position as me ("Stuff Wanted") who are after replacement front brake reservoirs (mine due to front-wheel skid in the rain last Wed).

Long story short, on examination this morning I saw it had snapped off the 'arm' lug that secures it to the rest of the brake assembly (SK4 - external reservoir). Currently it's held in place with electrical tape which is fine until it rains (inevitable, really).

I've checked the parts fiche, and it seems a genuine 'Zuki will be about £40 (http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...K5/SK6/SK7%29_ - part number 10).

So my questions are:
1. I saw a post in other threads for moto-racing.co.uk (http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/cat--Mo...cessories.html) which whilst specifically for Brembos look they
could fit? Anyone had experience with this?

2. Are there any generic replacements that people have come across, or does anyone know where one can purchase said item not through the main dealer?

Cheers for any steer.

Al.
Old 01-09-10, 09:48 AM   #2
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Front brake reservoir - alternatives?

Just get one from a breaker, they are worth nothing.
I probably have one in box of parts somewhere, or are you after some blingy crap?

In fact, I have one from GSXR400, this will make your bike go faster cos those bikes had a big R written on them
Old 01-09-10, 09:54 AM   #3
Al_Sweetman

Blingy crap? Not if you could see my bike - more fibreglass resin and tape than "proper plastic" at the mo, not to mention "custom" designer scuff decals...

Hadn't thought about a breaker - good shout. Although last time I used one for a SK4 F.Brake pedal I got a curvy one instead... grr

Ooh if I was to fix with the GSX one I suspect the insurance would go up to reflect the added power gain (on a more serious note, would it fit and would you be willing to part from it?)
Old 01-09-10, 10:03 AM   #4
SV650Racer

Im sure I have one laying around..but as im a main dealer you dont want to use me.
Old 01-09-10, 10:05 AM   #5
Al_Sweetman

Nothing personal just that often main dealers are a bit pricier

If I could ask, how much would you let it go for....

(Hmm maybe this thread should be moved to the "Wanted" section.)
Old 01-09-10, 10:07 AM   #6
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I will have a look round and post pic, fiver or something, motivate me to post it lol
Old 01-09-10, 10:13 AM   #7
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
I will have a look round and post pic, fiver or something, motivate me to post it lol
Only the postage. I know there is one up stairs in the storage but id have to find it..my plan is to get up there today or tommorow in between other things. Thats also aslong as no one else has robbed it!! Or go with Yorkies one..

OE would be £30 with org discount and yes you can get the brembo pots to fit.
Old 01-09-10, 10:32 AM   #8
Al_Sweetman

Yorkie_Chris, thanks very much for the offer but as SV650Racer's is a SV specific one I'd rather go for that and be certain that I (with my limited skills and excellent ineptitude) could fit it without trying to make brackets etc. If it turns out SV650Racer can't find it, would it be possible to take you up on your offer? Cheeky I know :angel:

So, SV650Racer, if you could PM me when if you can find it and have worked out the cost I'll send the pennies over the wire.

Cheers,

Al.
Old 01-09-10, 01:15 PM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Sweetman View Post
Yorkie_Chris, thanks very much for the offer but as SV650Racer's is a SV specific one I'd rather go for that and be certain that I (with my limited skills and excellent ineptitude) could fit it without trying to make brackets etc. If it turns out SV650Racer can't find it, would it be possible to take you up on your offer? Cheeky I know :angel:

So, SV650Racer, if you could PM me when if you can find it and have worked out the cost I'll send the pennies over the wire.

Cheers,

Al.
They are all the same....

My Kwak 750 has a naked curvy one on it...

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10, 08:49 AM   #10
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Sweetman View Post

Cheers,

Al.
Hi Ive looked but cant find it at the moment. I know it was in a box with a load of footrests and bar ends but the boxes at that time werent marked up. Ive got alot of boxes of bits LOL. Im in the process of sorting through them all in between my normal day to day stuff and listing it all on ebay. Im off to Snetterton racing later today and back Monday when I will look further. Hope thats ok..I wont be offended if you cant wait