SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 22-03-22, 09:32 AM   #1
srj999

Default Psst: Wanna race?

This is a bit cheeky and if Admin remove the post, I'll understand.

For years, I have been a bike fan. I have also enjoyed bike racing and, in 2019, at the crusty age of 56, I decided it was high time I had a go myself. Yes, I know...

I joined the British Motorcycle Racing Club in the Rookie Minitwin class; a series aimed squarely at the SV650 (although nowadays, there is the very occasional ER6, too). Not only did I survive the season (easier when you're always at the back), I fulfilled both that racing ambition and another while I was at it.

There was so much going on that I managed to publish a book on my adventures. It's sold in modest numbers but, due to the pledge I made, every copy has earned donations to the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust, in recognition of the support it has given to we wannabe racers. So far, the charity has benefitted to the tune of about £300.

If you're interested in bike racing and would like to see how someone who was old enough to know better fared, albeit it at the bottom end of the paddock, please consider buying a copy of "Sylvie and Me". Within its pages I have covered everything from getting the bike, learning how to ride fast (ish) and what I learned about myself. I also show where the money went and list every penny spent that got me onto the track.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvie-Me-w...ps%2C89&sr=8-1
srj999 is offline   Reply With Quote