SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-01-06, 02:37 PM   #1
jonhunt

Default No Bike for a week

was in my car lastnight car in front stop to let a bus past lookin my mirror see car goin well over 20mph next sec BANG.

and i got Wip Lash and the Doc said No bike for a week IF it better buy then

me not a happy bunny car might be a wright off as it looklike the main chassi is all bent up so might be lookin for another car.

so the bike goin to have a week rest and so am i.

fast end to a sat night spent all night down A&E
Old 15-01-06, 02:55 PM   #2
TC3

Unlucky but at least you are ok and all is replaceable and insured...i expect......you could work for the police if you can judge speed of a car coming towards you just by glancing in the rear view mirror
Old 15-01-06, 04:13 PM   #3
Ed

Sod's law... hope your neck heals up right soon. I smell a personal injury claim in there Reminds me of when I used to work in Plymouth, I used to work with Cath - she had a similar experience, no she couldn't be arsed to go to A&E, I suggested she might think of suing the other driver - next day she came to work in a neck brace, moaning about the pain and the terrible discomfort. Can't think why

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
you could work for the police if you can judge speed of a car coming towards you just by glancing in the rear view mirror
Maybe - but you'd need to brush up on spelling
Old 17-01-06, 05:25 PM   #4
jonhunt

ya im all coverd they phone 2day claim for the smach no prob as it all clear what happen and wip lash should not be hard to get.

well i was parked clutch down in first foot brake down and about 4-5meters away from the car in front

hit me at about 20/30mph he locked his front wheels up cos his car went to the left that y the damage dont look to bad and after it i was only a foot away from the corsa in front CLOSE ONE

i keep ya updated etc and im missin the bike.

i just got lower back and rib pain and Docs gave me load of pills to take 3times a day