SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-07-21, 12:11 PM   #9851
CheGuevara

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Thrips (aka storm/thunder flies etc). We back on to farmland so there's always 1 or 2 days a year where we get swarmed. Any open window and they're all over your house in the thousands, crawling on you and making you itch, getting into photo frames and lcd screens...

Today is that day.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-21, 12:51 PM   #9852
svenrico

Drivers throwing burning cigarette ends out of car windows. Was following car yesterday when driver with arm hanging out of window threw burning fag out in front of me, blew my horn and flashed headlight at him. Overtook him and went on my way. Few miles further on stopped at filling station and his car had pulled up in front of me .
Noticed he was staring at me as he was waiting to pay. Was going to say something to him when he came out but decided to leave it, but it annoyed me. Funnily enough part of his reg number was PUF.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-21, 04:25 PM   #9853
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Was going to say something to him when he came out but decided to leave it, but it annoyed me.
Typical selfish **** who does not care about the consequences of his actions. Its a modern day epidemic. If you'd tried to explain he would almost certainly have gone on the defensive as people like that think they're never wrong. Like the nob that nearly hit me on a roundabout today - only saw me when I hooted, stopping just in time, but hooted and flashed and gestured at me for the next half mile as if I'd insulted his wife and eaten his kids...
Old 17-07-21, 05:36 PM   #9854
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Typical selfish **** who does not care about the consequences of his actions. Its a modern day epidemic. If you'd tried to explain he would almost certainly have gone on the defensive as people like that think they're never wrong. Like the nob that nearly hit me on a roundabout today - only saw me when I hooted, stopping just in time, but hooted and flashed and gestured at me for the next half mile as if I'd insulted his wife and eaten his kids...
I was more bothered about him turning awkward and aggressive if I said anything ,because he was a lot younger than me and would probably have taken anything I said as an invitation to fight !!!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 06:42 AM   #9855
Seeker
Mega Poster

Ants!
As I wade through the conservatory battlefield carnage, knee deep* in ants I survey the scene and ponder what the day will bring. It's been 2 long days, just me, the ant powder and ant poison spray versus millions* of creatures from the depths of the Earth. They shall not pass!**

* note: hyperbole
** note: apologies to Lord of the Rings
Old 18-07-21, 07:15 AM   #9856
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Ants!
As I wade through the conservatory battlefield carnage, knee deep* in ants I survey the scene and ponder what the day will bring. It's been 2 long days, just me, the ant powder and ant poison spray versus millions* of creatures from the depths of the Earth. They shall not pass!**

* note: hyperbole
** note: apologies to Lord of the Rings

This is what you need - only thing that seems to work... ( never tried it on orcs though, never had any in our garden ) 'one thing to kill them all and in the darkness hide them' ( ants that is )

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...-granules-300g

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274824593...9d6d74627c567b

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 18-07-21 at 07:17 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 01:23 PM   #9857
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Drivers throwing burning cigarette ends out of car windows. Was following car yesterday when driver with arm hanging out of window threw burning fag out in front of me, blew my horn and flashed headlight at him. Overtook him and went on my way. Few miles further on stopped at filling station and his car had pulled up in front of me .
Noticed he was staring at me as he was waiting to pay. Was going to say something to him when he came out but decided to leave it, but it annoyed me. Funnily enough part of his reg number was PUF.
its not the drivers fault when car manufacturers have stopped putting ashtrays in their cars. as far as i know not against the law to smoke in your car even while driving. so what is the driver supposed to do?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 02:41 PM   #9858
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
its not the drivers fault when car manufacturers have stopped putting ashtrays in their cars. as far as i know not against the law to smoke in your car even while driving. so what is the driver supposed to do?
I'd say the driver should carry a suitable container with them, rather than littering.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ory-of-plastic
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 02:43 PM   #9859
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Yep, take your rubbish home. Not fun getting a fag butt in your face.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 18-07-21, 03:13 PM   #9860
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I'd say the driver should carry a suitable container with them, rather than littering.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ory-of-plastic
people need to get their fact right before they go spouting crap to the public. although fag ends are a plastic they are what is called a bioplastic its cellulose e.g. pulp... ermm paper/hemp/cotton etc.etc and acetate. its pretty bio friendly.

never done the party trick with girls when you were younger with nail polish and fag ends?

anyway i still say dont blame the driver.

yes it is bad throwing them out a car window but blame the manufacturers wanting to save a few pennies and largely society in general.

could have been worse someone could have taken you out at a junction with lack of driving skill and observation.

ooohh and try getting a macy'd milkshake thrown out a van window full of gypo's.....

could also have been a bird flying into you...

a fag but is the least of your worries.. i've had it a few times and no worse than a big moth or bumblebee....

yes some people are azzholes... that life.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote