SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-07-21, 03:25 PM   #9861
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
its not the drivers fault when car manufacturers have stopped putting ashtrays in their cars. as far as i know not against the law to smoke in your car even while driving. so what is the driver supposed to do?

Some company car drivers wanted a new car when ashtray was full --- Ashtrays are great for keeping parking change in, and those cigarette lighter plug things are great for powering all sorts of things. We have a lot to thank smokers for

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 05:50 PM   #9862
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
its not the drivers fault when car manufacturers have stopped putting ashtrays in their cars. as far as i know not against the law to smoke in your car even while driving. so what is the driver supposed to do?

I just keep my own ashtray on the dash, next to my pint.

* I don't smoke or drink.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 07:40 PM   #9863
DJ123
Mega Poster

How have you got so far in life without drinking? It should only be 3 days before you perish . . .

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 09:47 PM   #9864
svenrico

Quote:
Not throw a lit fag end out of the window in front of a following motorcyclist, and don't smoke while driving, it isn't safe. I smoked for years and once dropped a lit cigarette into my lap, which is awkward trying to retrieve it, to say the least ,when you are travelling along in a car!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 09:55 PM   #9865
svenrico

Quote:
people need to get their fact right before they go spouting crap to the public. although fag ends are a plastic they are what is called a bioplastic its cellulose e.g. pulp... ermm paper/hemp/cotton etc.etc and acetate. its pretty bio friendly.

never done the party trick with girls when you were younger with nail polish and fag ends? No

anyway i still say dont blame the driver. Why ?!

yes it is bad throwing them out a car window So you agree then that it is bad but blame the manufacturers wanting to save a few pennies and largely society in general. Why blame society

could have been worse someone could have taken you out at a junction with lack of driving skill and observation.

ooohh and try getting a macy'd milkshake thrown out a van window full of gypo's.....

could also have been a bird flying into you...Or a cruise missile I suppose if I was really unlucky !

a fag but is the least of your worries.. i've had it a few times and no worse than a big moth or bumblebee.... But at least bees aren't alight !

yes some people are azzholes... that life.
comments above in bold letters to distinguish from original message.
Old 18-07-21, 09:59 PM   #9866
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Yep, take your rubbish home. Not fun getting a fag butt in your face.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Well said.
Old 19-07-21, 09:22 AM   #9867
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I have some sympathy with Bibio's point of car manufacturers not providing ashtrays and making money by charging for 'smokers pack ££££££'.

BUT! Aside from the littering aspect throwing lit fags ends from a car is a massive fire hazard. Grass verges are tinder dry and have been for weeks, a lit fag end could start a fire in the verge, which spreads to the hedge, which spreads to.... Bloody irresponsible to throw a source of ignition out of any vehicle.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-21, 11:16 AM   #9868
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I have some sympathy with Bibio's point of car manufacturers not providing ashtrays and making money by charging for 'smokers pack ££££££'.

BUT! Aside from the littering aspect throwing lit fags ends from a car is a massive fire hazard. Grass verges are tinder dry and have been for weeks, a lit fag end could start a fire in the verge, which spreads to the hedge, which spreads to.... Bloody irresponsible to throw a source of ignition out of any vehicle.

People chuck bottles out of cars as well, the glass can act as a magnifying lens and cause fires, anything thrown out or dumped from vehicles says a lot about the people inside.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 19-07-21, 11:42 AM   #9869
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post

Exactly, and particularly relevant in the North York Moors area at this time.
Old 19-07-21, 11:53 AM   #9870
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Exactly, and particularly relevant in the North York Moors area at this time.

Idiot people thinking it is a good idea to have a camp fire or disposable barbecue while sitting in tinder dry grass and heather are probably responsible for a great many fires, and most of the fires are started deliberately by 455 holes... If they had an IQ test the result would come back negative... ( we were living in Sydney during the big fires in 1994, NSW fire service said pretty much every fire was started deliberately, Yup, all those thousands of square miles of tinder dry gum trees and someone thinks its a good idea to set a match to it ). The greenies don't help either they stopped fire service burning off excess fuel during cooler months when it could be controlled so come the next fire in summer there was a whole lot of tinder dry fuel lying around just waiting for a spark, the big fires are not global warming they are numpty eco warriors.

Last edited by SV650rules; 19-07-21 at 11:56 AM.