SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 03-09-22, 07:40 PM   #1
ChrisCurvyS

Default Gen 1 naked - spares or repair

Before I stick it on eBay for spares or repair, thought I'd ask if anyone here is interested in a 99 naked curvy in black.

Was running fine until about a month ago when I left it stood for a few weeks and tried starting it with a hydraulically locked engine (common issue I now understand due to the petcock failing).

After changing the petcock along with the oil and spark plugs it's doesn't seem to be firing on the rear cylinder despite getting spark and fuel (judging from the exhaust gases). A chepo compression test kit is reading 135psi (cold) and 165psi after a drop of oil.

This is where I'm throwing in the towel as don't have the time or patience for further investigations - shame as the rest of the bike is in reasonable condition with fork seals done a few months ago and all brake seals and pads done last year.

Straight bars fitted but still have the originals - also R&G heated grips and LED spotlights.

PM me if interested and I can provide further details and pics.
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:43 PM   #2
ChrisCurvyS

Default Re: Gen 1 naked - spares or repair

Sorry should have added - MoT just expired this week so would need a trailer, sure it would pass apart from emissions due to the unburnt fuel.
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote